Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
SAS Member
14,540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When is the last time you went there? What did you play? Do you mind playing agains't other people? Do you mind when people watch you play?

I went with my roomie yesterday and we played some good old Street Fighter II(and all it's variant), King of Fighter, tekken tag, Mortal Kombat, Sega Rally, those many gun games(house of the dead, virtua cop kinda games)... and a cool Mech game called Virtua ON.

We had a blast and i even got to test my skills agains't some people there...I can still kick butt at Street Fighter II :popcorn

·
Registered
408 Posts
I used to LIVE at 7-11/Circle K when I was a kid.

Street Fighter II--yeah I used to play it at 7-11. I have the ROM on my computer so I still play it from time to time. Fun Game.

When I was a little kid I loved Ms. Pac Man, Galaga, 720, and Dig Dug. Oh and a wrestling game called Mat Mania--I also have all those Roms.

When I was older some Favorites Where Street Fighter II and Final Fight.

Have not played an actual 'out there' machine in about 12 years.

·
Registered
994 Posts
donniedarko said:
I used to LIVE at 7-11/Circle K when I was a kid.

Street Fighter II--yeah I used to play it at 7-11. I have the ROM on my computer so I still play it from time to time. Fun Game.

When I was a little kid I loved Ms. Pac Man, Galaga, 720, and Dig Dug. Oh and a wrestling game called Mat Mania--I also have all those Roms.

Have not played an actual 'out there' machine in about 12 years.
Was Atari invented then? ;) ;)

·
Registered
22 Posts
I quit going to the arcades right after Mortal Kombat 3 came out. I spent alot of time playing MK2. Back then I was usually pretty drunk, so it helped with being nervous around other people. They never had any of the Street Fighter games where I hung out. MK2 will always be my favorite. My wife bought me a generic arcade cabinet with a MK2 pcb for our anniversary. I've had it for about 5 years, and have yet to play anyone on it ( no friends :( )

·
Registered
191 Posts
I've noticed it's getting harder and harder to find arcades. Dallas has a great one called GameWorks (owned by Sega), but aside from that I haven't really seen one in years.

I guess some of it comes from the fact that you can now get and play better games at home on your X-Box, PS2, or PC than you can at an arcade. It used to be the opposite, where arcades were on the cutting edge.

Getting back to the original question though, as I said, I haven't been to an arcade in years. Back when I did go, I didn't have a hard time, but I hated people looking over my shoulder.

·
SAS Member
14,540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Sam Fisher said:
I quit going to the arcades right after Mortal Kombat 3 came out. I spent alot of time playing MK2. Back then I was usually pretty drunk, so it helped with being nervous around other people.
Yeah being drunk does help :)
I used to go when i was stoned. It was a trip...sometime id get paranoid a bit :um

Most of the time it was very fun though. Playing agains't others is a lot more fun than playing agains't the computer.
Once at SF2 i beat a guy who had been winning for about an hour without losing...he was angry and hit the cabinet :lol
Sore loser!! haha!
He came back later and beat me though...i guess we were equal skills because i won and he won and so on...Fun times anyway.

MK2 will always be my favorite. My wife bought me a generic arcade cabinet with a MK2 pcb for our anniversary. I've had it for about 5 years, and have yet to play anyone on it ( no friends :( )
Does your wife has a sister? Any girl who buys her husband an arcade cabinet is the perfect woman!! :lol

Id play you at MK2. I lost a lot of skills over the years, but i can still kick butt. I have the arcade rom on my computer(not the snes MK2, the real arcade game) I play it agains't my roomie once in a while, but hes no good.

I think it's possible to play roms online with the mame emulator, but i'm not sure how to do it....if you know how or want to try it out let me know :)
Might be fun :D

·
SAS Member
14,540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I loved playing those dungeon and dragon beat em up(Tower of Doom and Shadow over Mistaria) I spent so much money on those that i don't even feel bad for owning the roms :lol

Does anyone remember the Metal Slug series?(SNK) I think they have 6 of those games out...pretty fun games to play :popcorn

Final Fight was a good game :)
Guy was my favorite :)

If you like 2d fighting you should try The Last Blade 2, Samurai Showdown 4 and 5(special) SNK vs Capcom: Chaos And Garou: Mark of the wolves...SNK reedeemed themselves with those games :)

·
Registered
22 Posts
We could play fighters online with the older version of MAME32 that supports kaillera. I've done it a few times. It's kinda fun, but it gets out of sync alot. And I always had problems with lag. I have really bad ping times with my connection.
You can download MAME with kaillera support here: http://www.neomameplus.com.ar/en_dwnload.htm
Most of the games people play on there are 2d fighters.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Does anyone know a good site for mame ROMs??? I had a great one about a year ago but then it shut down and I haven't really tried looking for one since.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Well, if you own the arcade machine (a somewhat unlikely scenerio, :lol) you can legally own a rom backup. Also, some roms can legally be purchased, such as titles from atari. The MAME program itself is legal. This is according to US law however, I don't know about international law.

·
Registered
22 Posts
There aren't many sites to download from anymore. There are people who will burn the roms on dvds for you for free.......you just pay for the price of the dvdrs and shipping, or you can send them blank disks with return postage.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.