Votes: 0 0.0%
  • take only vyvance

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all I guess this post is me looking for a response on what is currently happening in my life. About a half year ago as an adult I was diagnosed with ADD. I had no idea that I had this and it is coupled with a non verbal learning disability even though I am a gifted student and scored in the 99th percentile in abstract reasoning. It makes no sense its as if Im smart and slow all at the same time.. Nonetheless I was prescribed Vyvance for the ADD which I have mixed feelings about. I already had anxiety issues before taking this drug and although it is super beneficial in the concentration department it came with the downside of increasing my nervousness. My new psychiatrist (first and only) insists that I take Vyvance every day but I only use it when i need to read or study. Not to defy her but I just can't handle that buzz everyday. She gave me these things called ssri's to combat my anxiety, which turned me into a complete weirdo so I stopped those and a friend who knew my situation started to give me Clonazepam. I know it was under the table but I really needed something, I get panic attacks that stop me from doing my daily tasks. I told my psychiatrist I was already getting the Clonazepam and she prescribed me Clonazepam legitimately. I wish the ssri's worked because i fear my use of Clonazepam is escalating. Not on the days that I do not take Vyvance but on the day's that I do. I think on those occasions I take more than I should. On these days I take sometimes four pills which is like 2 milligrams. Anyways this is all new to me and I am very uninformed on the subject. Is what I am doing and taking safe? Should I try to go all natural? Im just kinda stuck . The Vyvance and Clonazepam work together but I just think it makes you want to take too much.

Any thoughts would be helpful, i am grateful that there is a place like this out there I am too private to tell anyone close to me that I am on medications.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
If you were already well off before the stimulant (Vyvanse), then why take it?

I also have ADD and before I would have to take crap load of caffeine to focus, but I would still have problems staying seated to study/work for periods of time.

If the Vyvanse is increasing your anxiety to the point where you have to take extra meds to deal with it and you don't find that you need the vyvanse, then no reason to take it imho.

Good luck with whatever you decide to do!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts