Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Pfizer victim
8 Posts
Back in 2002 (after trying virtually every other AD med known to man.. SSRI's, tricyclics, benzos, etc, and they did absolutely NOTHING for me) my doctor finally put me on Nardil and it totally changed my life. And just like that I was a completely different person.. whereas before I had no motivation to get up every day and severe crippling social anxiety, shortly after taking the Nardil it all just seemed to magically melt away completely. Life just inexplicably became enjoyable for me in every way and miraculously I actually started going out of my way to seek interaction with people. A complete 180 for me. I have read colonelpoop's old story as well and I can relate to what he said; the same weird feeling that, I knew that I had changed drastically but somehow it felt like nothing had changed and this was just who I had been my whole life. Also, I didn't have problems with side effects at all even though I kept eating stuff that was on the so-called "forbidden" list. Not that I would recommend others do that but that's how it was for me.

Unfortunately in late 2003 those greedy pigs over at Pfizer downgraded the formulation and after that I might as well have been taking a placebo. At the time I didn't know that's what had happened, and just kind of assumed that maybe my body had built up a tolerance or something. It wasn't until a few years later that I learned the awful truth. As of today, I have been off the new inferior Nardil for about 2 years now.

Well, at least I got to experience a whole year as a "normal" person.. :sigh

·
Registered
165 Posts
tried Nardil for a while, but had way too many side effects and wasn't nearly as effective as parnate. been on parnate for almost the last 2 years and have been going great. It's not until someone describes you as outgoing and happy go lucky until you realise what the med has really done.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts