Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
drifting in mist
677 Posts
I used to enjoy it growing up but I feel little enthusiasm now. Plus the nbc coverage is absolutely terrible and has way too many commercials. It really should be pbs covering the Olympics so that it's not a giant ad cash grab and psuedo reality tv show.

·
SASsy
18,107 Posts
I used to love sports but now there is so much politics involved that it has ruined them. I liked it when athletes just competed for the love of the game weren't trying to make a statement for the latest woke cause.

·
Super Moderator
8,441 Posts

·
Registered
6,116 Posts
I have zero enthusiasm to watch these games. I've never been much into the Summer games, but this year with a committee that is allowing a man to compete against women, it makes me even less enthusiastic.

·
Super Moderator
7,380 Posts
I like the Olympics, but was strongly against this games because it seemed wrong with the Covid situation. Until they at least excluded spectators. The BBC always cover the Olympics well, but they can't provide such comprehensive coverage any more because the television rights have changed. Annoying how you have to pay for Eurosport if you want more.
Watching it does make me feel me very unfit (I once used to be quite sporty myself, but frustatingly never got as good at anything as I'd have liked). It is really weird having no spectators, though.

·
Registered
578 Posts
I like the Olympics, but was strongly against this games because it seemed wrong with the Covid situation. Until they at least excluded spectators. The BBC always cover the Olympics well, but they can't provide such comprehensive coverage any more because the television rights have changed. Annoying how you have to pay for Eurosport if you want more.
Watching it does make me feel me very unfit (I once used to be quite sporty myself, but frustatingly never got as good at anything as I'd have liked). It is really weird having no spectators, though.
Agreed with the coverage - shame that Eurosport have taken most of it now. Still, always enjoy the BBC coverage of these games! I find it interesting that you feel unfit by watching it, why do you think it happens?. Reason I ask is because I find the opposite - watching the Olympics really motivates me to go out and active! I used to be quite sporty as well but currently recovering from injury :p x

·
Super Moderator
7,380 Posts
Agreed with the coverage - shame that Eurosport have taken most of it now. Still, always enjoy the BBC coverage of these games! I find it interesting that you feel unfit by watching it, why do you think it happens?. Reason I ask is because I find the opposite - watching the Olympics really motivates me to go out and active! I used to be quite sporty as well but currently recovering from injury :p x
Oh I think watching the Olympics/other sport probably makes me feel especially unfit, because I probably have not really had enough exercise for many years. Basically, I went to a (long-closed) boarding school that was probably far too sport-oriented, but at least it kept you fit, with games four afternoons a week. It (unusually) had it's own inter-house road relay, on empty country roads round a Scottish loch, I ran in it back in the 90s.

I used to like ice skating too, and street skating in my rollerboots or inline skates. Then I did much sport at university as well, including entering the Great West Run in Exeter, once. Was maybe lucky I got to try loads of different things over the years, such as horse riding, hockey, lacrosse, netball etc.

But running was always especially central, and I eventually got bored of it after graduating from uni, for some reason. Also slowly lost the motivation or ability (team sports are hard to do outside of education) to do other stuff as well, so my level of physical activity is nothing like it once was. :( How did you get injured? :)

21 - 30 of 30 Posts