Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a job interview today and I am absolutely terrified to the point where I don't even know if I can go. I've been sitting in the house for about 2 years not doing anything and not really being around people much at all, so that makes me even more terrified. It's hard for me to talk about myself sometimes in normal conversation, how am I going to be able to do it when someone really is evaluating and judging me?

Maybe I'm trying to do too much at once. I should probably try to expose myself to people more gradually, then apply for a job.

Does anyone else have experience with this? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

~Christina~

·
Registered
31 Posts
My advice is dress nice, research the company a bit so you can ask questions about it, and project a mein of confidence. Even if you are scared, smile and make eye contact with your interviewer. Give a firm handshake and be sure to ask questions about the job at the end - that shows interest.

Probably the best thing you can do is pump yourself up before the interview. Before an athelete runs or an actor goes on stage, they "pump up", and their pre-performace jitters go away because of adrenaline. Do the same before your interview. Don't go in scared, go in feeling like you own the place!

·
Registered
371 Posts
Hey there,

Did you go to the interview, how do you think it went?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes, I went to the interview and I actually got the job! I didn't think I could do it but it wasn't as hard as it seemed to just sit there and talk to someone for 10 or 15 minutes. Although I don't know if I'm going to take the job because when I found out that it is similar to a telemarketing job it lost its appeal. But at least I have a little bit of experience with interviews now.

Thanks for the advice.

~Christina~

1 - 4 of 4 Posts