Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Fresh facts, fresh facts!
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been battling with this demon my whole life. Social anxiety has seriously held me back in so many areas. I am totally ready to take this thing head on.

Anyone else here in the same situation? Care to share experiences/ways of coping/transcending severe social phobia?

·
Banned
4,304 Posts
I have such a severe case of SA I broke the Liebowitz scale, and I can tell you it made me feel like ****.

In actuality though, my social anxiety has slowly gone from what I'd consider severe (no friends, not even contemplating sexual interactions in my lifetime, couldn't cope with a job that required moderate interaction, etc.) to what I'd say is moderate social anxiety now. Therapy, medication, and just plain ole hard work filled with sweat and rejection helped me get alot better.

·
Registered
197 Posts
I have servere SA can't even handle a job or go to school... but i think my GAD or something like that makes it even more worse because of the stress that causes it and the muscle tension makes my SA even more worse

·
UnDeRrAtED
34,712 Posts
I have a little sa. but i struggle a lot more with depression.

·
Banned
1,198 Posts
i have severe SA but i can still hold a job cus i have to.

though i've been struggling with SA for a long time, i just recently found out i had SA about a year a go. i got rid of what was causing my SA about 4 month ago though... so i'm just aiming for success right now. which is not easy but possible cus it has been done.

·
Registered
255 Posts
I think I have the worst form of social anxiety or shyness than anyone else that I know. Though I wouldn't rate it severe. Because I'm very talkative to people I know well or people who are easy to talk to. But I'm like a mute around certain people. It's like the part in my brain that's suppose to control communication shuts off. I'm very particular about where I work, because I do not like jobs where there is a lot of social interaction. I'm trying to just push myself out of my comfort zone more. But that is a lot easier said than done.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.