Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
I think Wiccanism is very interesting and I read some books on in a few years ago in high school when a lot of kids were into it. I actually wanted to start practicing, but never got around to it. Right now I'm a Unitarian Universalist with Buddhist and Taoist beliefs and I definitely believe in the power of intention, thought, and energy. I guess I do that now with meditation etc . I'm into very holistic environmental stuff which is sort of like Wiccanism (because it's a pagan earth centered belief system) but without any of the specific rituals. I've always wanted to practice some of their holidays though like a yuletide festival or something. Anyway, are you Wiccan? (by the way you should have my avatar)

·
Banned
19,437 Posts

·
Registered
984 Posts
I find the history of wicca itself extremely interesting to read about, it was started in the 50's by an english civil cervant named Gerald Gardner. The beliefs themselves though don't really mesh with my personal spirituality.

·
Sweet Apathy
108 Posts
I follow the beliefs and have my own way of making a connection with the earth and the gods. Do I practice magic or really celebrate the solstices? No, but I have been to a Yule ritual. My fiancee and I were planning on getting married on Beltaine, but I guess that's out the window.

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
I've never practiced it, though am another in here who once considered it though never got round to it in the end. I do find it very interesting to read about also though. I find the subject very fascinating!

·
Registered
31 Posts
no, but ive recently started to dabble in chaos magic. and was surprised how much paganism is incorporated, ive always had a fascination with rituals and symbolism, but dont necessarily believe in spirits (just in the power of the human mind) of course i would join a coven or group in a heartbeat. just to network and make friends with similar interests

·
Registered
4 Posts
I practice various forms of 'Wicca' such as chaos magick, hoodoo, and voudon (voodoo). I am still an acolyte and currently exploring the possibility of using goetia magick to overcome my SAD. I know of men using it with great success to get laid, so why not use it for this purpose?

A

·
Banned
19,437 Posts
^^^ Wicca is much more than magic(k). Sounds like you're not of any particular tradition - that you're eclectic.

Well, merry meet and welcome aboard! :wels

·
sa challenger
5,079 Posts
I don't know enough about my own religion to delve into another. All religions are interesting to me, but I need to concentrate on the beauty of mine first. It is said that the grass is greener on the other side; I say, don't dismiss the beautiful green grass that is already surrounding you!

Oh, and btw, any religion that consists of goodness and love and respect...is better than floating about with no tether.

·
Registered
2,804 Posts
I practice witchcraft in a sense. I kind of believe more in instinct and intuition. I thought about wicca I've read alot about it and I think I practice some of the beliefs but I don't really like structured spirituality. I think wicca is a very empowering religion though, how it's about personal power and positive energies.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts