Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So does anyone here play World of Warcraft (or any other online game for that matter)?

I'm kind of addicted to these things, which is bad because I think they've sort of acted like an inhibitor of me working to fix my SA. But still, it gives me something to do every day and I actually feel like I'm accomplishing things.

I have an 80 Undead Rogue, 80 Tauren Hunter, and an 80 troll mage are my mains. and various lower level alts (72 Night Elf Druid and 69 Death Knight are the highest I believe).

So anyone else play?

·
Here, there & everywhere
233 Posts
I used to. :( 80 NE resto Drood & 80 Draenei hunter (played on Fenris). My good computer pooped out on me so I had to get rid of WoW.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Quit a while ago. 70 rogue, warlock, druid, paladin, warrior, mage, 65 shaman.

Tons of other BG toons.

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
use to play it, may get back into, unlike everyone else apparently I could never get addicted, it was fun, but it was always an "ok" game to me, so it was hard to justify those monthly payments.

·
Geese
20,768 Posts
I did when it was first released for about a year. I failed my first year of uni because of it :( Quit it ages ago though. I mean it's a brilliant game for what it does, but my god it is addictive.

·
Chief Worrier
1,889 Posts
a sort-of-friend convinced me to play a free trial when i was home sick for like 4 days freshman year of HS. i got to level... 4, i think. he added me to his guild and all his friends got mad bc i was low-level. it was boring and i never got anywhere, so i quit.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah it seems like it's either a game where you're hooked or your not - most people I meet are either extremely casual/hate playing it, or are super hardcore and addicted, lol. I played it when it came out and got a lot of toons to 60, but then I quit for about a year. I came back into it about half way through TBC's life (right before Wrath) and then got re-addicted. I'm trying to quit it though because I feel like it's contributing to my SA (preventing me from getting out more and such)

·
Registered
289 Posts
*waves*

I had an 80 destro lock, but got a new acct and now have a 80 dk, lvl 60 priest, working on a mage, and numerous lower lvl alts on both sides, though my mains are horde.

I have a short attention span, and I love starting new toons, so that means not so many 80's but lots of different characters lol

·
Registered
71 Posts
a sort-of-friend convinced me to play a free trial when i was home sick for like 4 days freshman year of HS. i got to level... 4, i think. he added me to his guild and all his friends got mad bc i was low-level. it was boring and i never got anywhere, so i quit.
LOL tiger

·
Registered
330 Posts
Don't really have the money to play WoW. 30 bucks for 2 months of gameplay is not exactly cheap. I've been trying various free-to-play alternatives, but I think Guild Wars spoiled me. No other game has been able to match the excitement I felt while my Ranger carelessly roamed the beautiful land of Tyria. :um

·
Registered
544 Posts
Oh my gosh I was addicted for a while. I played from November to the end of last month but since I got a job I just didn't have the time and I got a bit bored and stuck on it and I also got Sims 3 which I play sometimes. I might start playing it again when my job ends the end of next month as I will have the time and a little bit of money to buy game cards with.

I kept creating new characters but my main was a level 67 warlock on euro terokkar. I still didn't get my dreadsteed as I had no one to help me do the dungeon to get it. I also lacked gold. And I was fed up of my slow felsteed making quests take almost twice as long as they should have.

Oh dear I rather miss it now...

·
Banned
177,223 Posts
I'd have given it a try if it wasn't pay to play. I do play another blizzard game though, Diablo 2.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Anyone interested in getting a SAS guild together? :b

·
Registered
439 Posts
I used to play! Ner'zhul horde and boulderfist alliance. I have quite a few characters.. 76 undead warrior, 76 undead rogue, 76 undead priest, 80 undead mage, 76 undead warlock, 80 blood elf paladin, 80 night elf druid. For like the past 6 months I had no fun playing it at all. Trying to level all my characters at once was an awful chore. I just played to pass the time, and I finally quit. Haven't even touched any games in about a month.

·
Hiding In My Den
1,955 Posts
I have a level 80 druid, level 71 lock, level 60 priest, level 60 rogue and level 58 dk. I mostly play my druid on which I have nearly 7k achivment points.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts