Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Banned
9,587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It doesn't take much to put me in a bad mood, it doesn't take much to put a person on my negative list, but it does take certain things in specific for it to happen, the tone of the person's voice if they are disrespecting me in any way for whatever reason, I especially cannot stand people who are nice to your face but talk behind your back, I get annoyed by people who constantly try to be social with me when it should be obvious that it's not what I want, personal insults is when I start getting violent, it's like I can't control myself so I remain quiet, I want to be calm every time, I have violent thoughts when I allow myself to lose control, then there are a lot of paranoid moments when I get annoyed by a person I'm not social with looking at me when I'm not aware of it and they are doing it to try to study me like I'm a rat in a lab, I play off that and create the negative things they might be thinking about me, then if they continue to play that game and depending if I don't like that person then they can make my negative list

·
Banned
733 Posts
My mom tells me that I'm too sensitive sometimes. If I'm having a good day, any sarcastic remark or question completely ruins it. :(

·
♎ Mackinac Island Fanatic
28,958 Posts
Yes.

Not just according to me but also according to everybody I p*ss off. Apparently everyone else is justified in getting upset, holding grudges, and being petty about things, just not me. I'm always the one who's "overly sensitive" and should just get over it.

I really don't understand this phenomenon, but I've experienced it enough times to see a definite pattern. Others get justifiably upset; I just get "histrionic" or "overreact."

·
:D
1,332 Posts
There are some things people can say or things that can happen when im in public that will crush my confidence into nothing aha, yeah im too sensitive

·
Cut Above
1,827 Posts
Yep I'm awfully sensitive.
It doesn't take much to offend me if you say all the right or I guess wrong things to me.

I don't often act on it and I can hide my discontent very well but yeah

·
Registered
338 Posts
I'm sensitive to everything.

I need to be around positive energy of some kind or I snap. I do very bad near any sort of conflict or confrontation. Bad vibes can easily ruin my day.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Yes, I'm totally over-sensitive but I'm also AWARE of this fact and that awareness helps me limit any irrational reactions I may have with others. There's nothing wrong with being sensitive. It allows you to feel empathetic and care for others in a way that most people disregard.

Be sure to embrace your personality as it's what makes you YOU. Try to find ways to use it as a beneficial skill set through whatever you do in life. All the best!

·
Registered
23 Posts
I get what you're saying, I'm overly sensitive too. If I hear a negative comment about me I feel completely worthless or it just makes me hate dealing with people even more.

·
Out there...
5,124 Posts
Not only that, but it seems that there are certain people who like to home in on me and try to pick at me in particular, trying to see how I'll react. I also notice these people are especially critical (yes, I've even had experiences with meeting people on this very site) and like to try to make me feel bad about the things I do or say. Why is it that I seem to really attract (no, not in that way) these people. The positive, encouraging people couldn't get further away from me, even if they tried.

Not just according to me but also according to everybody I p*ss off. Apparently everyone else is justified in getting upset, holding grudges, and being petty about things, just not me. I'm always the one who's "overly sensitive" and should just get over it.

I really don't understand this phenomenon, but I've experienced it enough times to see a definite pattern. Others get justifiably upset; I just get "histrionic" or "overreact."
Everything that you said here has happened to me so much, I can't even begin to comprehend why it's been done to me so often. If only there were a proper way to neutralize this without being led into another trap by these people.

·
♎ Mackinac Island Fanatic
28,958 Posts
Not only that, but it seems that there are certain people who like to home in on me and try to pick at me in particular, trying to see how I'll react. I also notice these people are especially critical (yes, I've even had experiences with meeting people on this very site) and like to try to make me feel bad about the things I do or say. Why is it that I seem to really attract (no, not in that way) these people. The positive, encouraging people couldn't get further away from me, even if they tried.

Everything that you said here has happened to me so much, I can't even begin to comprehend why it's been done to me so often. If only there were a proper way to neutralize this without being led into another trap by these people.
AMEN. So frustrating. :roll What makes it especially painful for me is I get so caught up in all the negativity I seem to attract like a magnet that it leaves me little time/energy to deal with what positivity I might attract, which makes it seem like I minimize what good interactions I have...I hate how I do that. It'd probably help my situation and mindset a lot more to learn to focus more on positives. But yes...all the negatives just have this bizarre tendency to be drawn to me. :|

It's at the point that I get people who complain about how I'm always negative...they have NOTHING whatsoever to say about the admittedly few (but sincere) positive things I do/say...they can only see the negative in me. And they carp at me to stop focusing on the negative. While the negative in me is all they seem able to see. WTF. I can't figure out which of us (them or me) is being more negative. :|

Anyway I think I replied to a thread of yours along similar lines not long ago today so I'll stop blithering now. :eek:ops It's interesting to see I'm not the only one who's experienced this, though.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Yeah. A girl (not naming names haha) on here talked to me added me on SA/facebook, and we texted. But it felt like anytime I wasn't feeling super go lucky happy or pleasing her in some weird way, she'd get all moody. Long story short, I told her a lie since I was pissed, she called me out on it and told me I'm acting *****y and she would never date someone like me. (When we were just talking sweet for like 2-3 weeks) So I decided to block her on facebook and remove her from SA because last time **** went sour, she called me out on facebook. So lame. It seems like every long distance friend I have ends up this way. Either I abandon them quick or they abandon me.

·
Lateralus
2,614 Posts
Yeah, I am. And "overly" is probably understating it for me. I'm extremely, extremely sensitive.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts