Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
wituckius said:
I have an ipod but podcasting never quite struck my interest. Don't you need to buy extra stuff in order to do it? Also, how popular is podcasting?
No, you don't need to by any extra stuff. I haven't gotten into them either, but it must have some popularity, as a lot of web sites have been popping up with directories of podcasts, and the media is reacting like it's a big thing, and now iTunes has even gotten on the bandwagon...but I just don't get the hype. They're like free talk radio shows in mp3 format that you can subscribe to...which I don't understand why that would appeal to people. It's cool that basically ANYONE can create their own podcast from their home, for whatever reason...like a blog, in audio format...but do I really want to subscribe to mp3 files of some guy rambling about his thoughts and opinions on the universe, or someone else rambling about their day to day lives? I dunno. I just don't get it.

·
Banned
4,462 Posts
dano2004 said:
wituckius said:
I have an ipod but podcasting never quite struck my interest. Don't you need to buy extra stuff in order to do it? Also, how popular is podcasting?
No, you don't need to by any extra stuff. I haven't gotten into them either, but it must have some popularity, as a lot of web sites have been popping up with directories of podcasts, and the media is reacting like it's a big thing, and now iTunes has even gotten on the bandwagon...but I just don't get the hype. They're like free talk radio shows in mp3 format that you can subscribe to...which I don't understand why that would appeal to people. It's cool that basically ANYONE can create their own podcast from their home, for whatever reason...like a blog, in audio format...but do I really want to subscribe to mp3 files of some guy rambling about his thoughts and opinions on the universe, or someone else rambling about their day to day lives? I dunno. I just don't get it.
Thats why it never struck my interest. I don't want to listen to anyones podcasting so why would anyone listen to mine? :stu

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.