Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
crazy
2,067 Posts
No, not me. But did you know that some Gnostic Christians thought that Satan was actually the good God, trying to free humans from Yahweh's evil universe?

·
Registered
202 Posts
No, not me. But did you know that some Gnostic Christians thought that Satan was actually the good God, trying to free humans from Yahweh's evil universe?
Haha, do you realize there is SOOO many spinoffs from anything? Worship aliens, talking dead guys, people still alive today, it's crazy. They have religions based off of soo many things. Soon they won't be able to make anymore up! :boogie

·
Banned
3,608 Posts
Its not an unreasonable thought. Think about it. Adam and Eve were kept in ignorance. Then they were offered knowledge. Knowledge today is the key to everything we have achieved.

·
Banned
38,431 Posts
Anton LaVey's Satanism is just Atheism with flair; only using Satan as the ultimate symbolic rejection of x-tianity.

·
crazy
2,067 Posts
Its not an unreasonable thought. Think about it. Adam and Eve were kept in ignorance. Then they were offered knowledge. Knowledge today is the key to everything we have achieved.
Yeah - it was an interesting interpretation, that we're living in this evil universe. Also Lucifer means "light bringer". But the early Christian church really stamped them out. :/

·
subtastic
7,692 Posts
I had a dream about that the other night. Adam and Eve were freed from the garden of Eden as opposed to being banned from it.

What a dorky dream.

·
Registered
984 Posts
Anton LaVey's Satanism is just Atheism with flair; only using Satan as the ultimate symbolic rejection of x-tianity.
Yeah satanism has nothing to do with worshipping satan, one of the most mislabled religions ever. Real satanist don't exist outside of tabloid news.

·
Registered
303 Posts
The simple fact is that even if you wanted to worship satan there is no real known way to go about it. Basically every thing people think they know about satan comes more from hollywood or books or folklore. Satan isn't really talked about that much in the bible, and what it does say is somewhat debatable and open for interpretation.

·
Banned
877 Posts
There is some misleading information here. There are people who worship a literal Satan. The Satanism that some of you guys are referring to is dubbed "LaVeyan Satanism", which is self-worship and the glorification of pleasure. It goes against everything Judeo -Christianity stands.

However, traditional satanism is the worship or reverence of Satan as a deity. It's made up of several concepts, such as a belief in magic, which is expressed through ritual. It may also include the use of meditation and self expansion.

Satanism has many branches and is not only limited to LaVeyan Satanism, which is mostly teachings about going against religion, self-indulgence, and individualism. These guys are pretty much atheists but carry the moniker satanist, as a form of disrespect (if you may) toward Christianity. They have little to do with the traditional Satan, apart from the name itself.

·
making awesome awesomer
587 Posts
I am christian I do not believe in satanism but i found this interview on youtube once and found it interesting. There are ten parts.

·
non
609 Posts
I've traveled though many dark subcultures and met many individuals and one thing I can tell you for sure is that satanism does not exist. If it did I would have met it.

·
Registered
984 Posts
There where certain sects of gnosticism that considered yahweh to be a blind destructive God and lucifer to have freed adam and eve from the ignorance of him, but they understandably didn't last very long and don't exist anymore. You'd be hard pressed to find anyone who would actually worship the blibical interpretation of satan with the long tail and pitchfork as there would be no return on it.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
There where certain sects of gnosticism that considered yahweh to be a blind destructive God and lucifer to have freed adam and eve from the ignorance of him, but they understandably didn't last very long and don't exist anymore. You'd be hard pressed to find anyone who would actually worship the blibical interpretation of satan with the long tail and pitchfork as there would be no return on it.
i'm not familiar with satan worshipping but in my late teens I was very depressed, wore black and hated myself, and considered myself a satanist. I would curse God, flip him off, doodle dark graphic images in class. I think people turn to it when there is no God in them or if they reject God.

The biblical term of satan isn't the horns and the devilish images you see depicted in the world. Its more of a charming, titillating, charismatic, clever, enticing figure that distracts you from God. It takes the form of sex, drugs, greed, etc., whatever exists in the world today that gives us pleasure. Notice these things are rampant in the world, the images on t.v., the way people are. Its instant gratification and it feels good, so there is, in fact, "return". But, our loving God knows its not "wise" to do these things because there is always a backlash.

Look at the faces of those people on the youtube clip. Devoid of all hope completely and dead in the eyes.

·
Registered
984 Posts
i'm not familiar with satan worshipping but in my late teens I was very depressed, wore black and hated myself, and considered myself a satanist. I would curse God, flip him off, doodle dark graphic images in class. I think people turn to it when there is no God in them or if they reject God.

The biblical term of satan isn't the horns and the devilish images you see depicted in the world. Its more of a charming, titillating, charismatic, clever, enticing figure that distracts you from God. It takes the form of sex, drugs, greed, etc., whatever exists in the world today that gives us pleasure. Notice these things are rampant in the world, the images on t.v., the way people are. Its instant gratification and it feels good, so there is, in fact, "return". But, our loving God knows its not "wise" to do these things because there is always a backlash.

Look at the faces of those people on the youtube clip. Devoid of all hope completely and dead in the eyes.
That isn't satan worshipping though, I know i'm being pedantic but it dosen't exist. I was going to mention that form of satan but I didn't want to offend anyone and I hope I dont--most claims of "satanist" and "magick" all invariably come from born again christians.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
That isn't satan worshipping though, I know i'm being pedantic but it dosen't exist. I was going to mention that form of satan but I didn't want to offend anyone and I hope I dont--most claims of "satanist" and "magick" all invariably come from born again christians.
instead of saying you didn't want to offend anyone, you should have said anyone but christians..that seems to be okay apparently!

How was what I said offensive btw? I basically agreed with you, I don't know any form of satanism, at least not publically (which I can see because its not exactly something to be proud of) and then corrected you on your false protrayal of satan in the bible.

What I explained wasn't satan worshipping, just to clarify in case I offend anyone including myself, as I have participated in some of those activities freely in the past, and still do, lol.

Satan has more of an influence than God, its reflected in how destructive we are right now and how Christians are pretty much hated.

·
Registered
984 Posts
instead of saying you didn't want to offend anyone, you should have said anyone but christians..that seems to be okay apparently!

How was what I said offensive btw? I basically agreed with you, I don't know any form of satanism, at least not publically (which I can see because its not exactly something to be proud of) and then corrected you on your false protrayal of satan in the bible.

What I explained wasn't satan worshipping, just to clarify in case I offend anyone including myself, as I have participated in some of those activities freely in the past, and still do, lol.

Satan has more of an influence than God, its reflected in how destructive we are right now and how Christians are pretty much hated.
I think you are misinterpreting me probably because I haven't been to clear and mixed up what I was trying to say, and that is my fault so I apologize. What I meant was the biblical satan with tails and pitchfork is how most people in the world traditionally view satan and was just using that as an image, I understand how some christians interpret satan and that they don't view him literarily this way but I was generalising. My other comments where directed at claims from born again christians (i.e. chick tracts) whom are the only sources for satanism, devil worship, animal rituals, wiccan magic and other things that they claim to have been involved in before they found christ and is not wholly directed at you.

·
Banned
3,608 Posts
There where certain sects of gnosticism that considered yahweh to be a blind destructive God and lucifer to have freed adam and eve from the ignorance of him, but they understandably didn't last very long and don't exist anymore.
The church made sure of that didn't they.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts