Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone found that a sitaution has made them become less confident and show more signs of SA.....
what i mean is, is that a few months ago i split from my girlfriend ov two years an it was messy i mean jermery kyle stuff loool
but since then ive had very low confidence an havent found anyone since, at college ive become quiet an introverted :/
has anyone else have something happen to them, that seems to have made them show signs of SA ?????

·
Registered
48 Posts
For the simple stuff (not relationships), best way to remedy this is to get right back on the horse after the fall, just so you don't start any avoiding behavior.

Say, you nearly got into an accident while riding your bike on the road and since then have been avoiding it. Well, start by slowly re-introducing the bike in your life: take it around the block first, get comfortable, then around the neighborhood, then finally get back on the road (maybe with a friend first, then alone). Once you've overcome the fear, bike riding will seem normal again, even if you're a little nervous every time you go out. Same goes for speaking in a public.

I find that telling myself people really don't care or won't bother remembering helps me get through presentations and the like. I can't remember what triggered my SA exactly, but I'm guessing it's the physical changes from puberty. >_>

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I definatly agree that when someone does something that hurts you, it sky rockets......
ive come to the point at college where im jus goin to say tot he person that says the most hurtful things,'' you know what, if u dont like me, keep away from me''...ive got one week left there, so i dont mind if me an most ov the people dont tlk there after, but i think i might gain more respect somehow, but well see tomorrow i guess.....
and lilgreenmouse that reli hit home, why should i start to avoidstuff when i dont want to, avoidin stuff will mean ive lost, and i dont want that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts