Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10,520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well here in Siberia they have upgraded enough so the place I get my cell phone service has wireless internet. I get a pretty good signal here with at least 3 bars all of the time. My contract is running out and was thinking about signing up for the wireless service. I just wondering if anyone has experience with this? Right now I am using dial up which sucks. We do have high speed cable, but I don't like the cable company here. That is the reason I got Dish Network service.

·
Banned
642 Posts
Well here in Siberia they have upgraded enough so the place I get my cell phone service has wireless internet. I get a pretty good signal here with at least 3 bars all of the time. My contract is running out and was thinking about signing up for the wireless service. I just wondering if anyone has experience with this? Right now I am using dial up which sucks. We do have high speed cable, but I don't like the cable company here. That is the reason I got Dish Network service.
Wireless internet as in Internet through a cell carrier such as Verizon ATT etc....? They work pretty good but they are a little expensive for my taste. I also believe alot of there plans have a cap of a certain amount of GB you can download per mouth then you are charged per GB afterwards. I'd stick to your cable company or DSL if its' available

·
Banned
19,437 Posts
I soooo envy you. They are a long way away from offering wireless in my town. Heck, we don't even have cable access. My dial up is okay...for $8.95 per month. Averages around 53 Kbps.

·
Banned
19,437 Posts
^ Yeah, I know... I don't know what I'm missing. (I really don't! :lol)

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
I'm not sure exactly what setup your thinking about.... Wireless can come from cable, dsl, satellite, or any other internet service. It's just a router with wireless capabilities connected to some type highspeed internet via the proper modem. Generally you have to pay for that other service and then you can run wireless across your entire house depending on what router you buy. Just buying the end result without installing anything in your house would mean somewhere nearby in your city they have a setup connected to an internet service and broadcasting wireless for people to use. You are still likely to be paying that same cable company just in a different way.

·
Registered
10,520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Alltel where I get my cell phone service has unlimited data downloads. I don't know how long that will last due to they just were bought out by Verizon. I am surprise they have it here, but there are two universities in this town so that might be the reason. They do have a local company that has wireless, but you got to be line of sight to get it. They have an antenna on the Quincy Mine steam hoist that is on top of Quincy hill, but I am far enough away not to be able to utilize that.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts