Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just saw it tonight and it was great! In my opinion, it is the best game to movie adaptation yet. I would give it at least a B. When I went to the theater, it was like 90% guys lol. So... anyone else seen it? What did you think?

·
Registered
194 Posts
I haven't seen it yet, but I won't because every critic I've consulted claims it's one the worst movies this year. As Berardinelli says, "'Doom' is the perfect name for this motion picture". :lol From what I know, it's not even true to the game. Genetically engineered Martians? C'mon, the monsters in Doom (the game) are demons from Hell! But if you enjoy shoot-'em-up action flicks heavy on adrenaline and short of a meaningful plot & character development, it's not so bad...I suppose...

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah, it kinda sucks that they strayed away from the original plot... Now its more like a resident evil... But I have to say this is still the best game to movie adaptation yet... The critics average review on yahoo movies is a c- and the average persons review is a b-. At least see it when it comes on DVD :D

·
Registered
11 Posts
I wanted to see it mainly because I do like The Rock, well make that Dwayne Johnson. I've enjoyed his other movies. Of course my rinky dink theater didn't get it. My city's cinema shows a whoppin' two movies at once. :lol

I do agree that House of the Dead was a suckfest.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Szattam said:
I haven't seen it but the trailer alone was enough to make me not want to. I work at a video game company and even all of us cried out in pain when we saw the whole first-person camera thing...
Well, the god thing is, is that the first person sequence is only about 5 minutes long. It wasn't that great, but when he fought the pinky demon, it was pretty cool.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Szattam said:
I haven't seen it but the trailer alone was enough to make me not want to. I work at a video game company and even all of us cried out in pain when we saw the whole first-person camera thing...
Say, is that in any way related to your avatar? ;)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts