Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Spectacular Member
21,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I get very depressed I usually just taking some sleeping pills and go to sleep to try to escape from it all. In my dreams my depression and anxiety cannot seem to find me. Anyone do the same?

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
I have a tendancy to sleep alot anyways but when I am depressed its really bad.

·
Registered
154,233 Posts
Noca,

I am sorry to hear that you are having to take sleeping pills. Like Do I?, my depression makes me sleep a lot more than I should.

Please be careful,

·
She-Wolf
5,985 Posts
I do that too. When I'm depressed I usally have no energy whatsoever and I feel pretty dead, but if I just go lie down I wouldn't fall asleep because I have so much going through my head. It's so much easier to just take a couple sleeping pills.

·
Registered
775 Posts
I can't get a prescription for sleeping pills, so I use Tylenol PM. It only helps you sleep the first few times you take it. It's starting to lose its effect. I've been lying awake every night feeling depressed lately.

·
Registered
127 Posts
There have been times when I've tried to sleep a lot to escape depression. Sometimes, it works for a while. The problem I have is that SA and depressing thoughts/images find their way into my dreams. :troll

·
Registered
17 Posts
yeah i find im more tired and lazy when im depressed.morning is best when i have slight energy boost then after that all i can think of is how much im looking forward to going to bed :fall

·
Registered
6,162 Posts
I like Ambien and I wish I could get it prescribed. Taking one at around 7:30-8:00 on a Friday night, for example.

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Yes, i can get really depressed and thus can't do anything but sleep or lie around doing nothing. I wish i could take sleeping pills but my parents wouldn't let me, fearing i might overdose :um.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I do the same thing. Mostly during the weekend because this is when I'm alone and feel really out of it.

I'll wake up long enough to eat and take another sleeping pill. This is what I do mostly every weekend. When I wake up I tend to feel more depressed and sorry for myself so I just go back to sleep.

·
You can do this!
4,464 Posts
Yes! Almost every weekend is spent like this. I wonder that having my insomnia scripts isn't actually a bad thing for me.

·
Spectacular Member
21,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Time to escape reality again, good night.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I do this sometimes when I'm depressed, but I try not to because it's too easy for me to slip into parasuicidal stuff when I start doing it. (more sleeping pills each time, reaching dangerously high but not deadly doses)

·
Simon Says...
1,693 Posts
Pfft! I wish. I'm practically an insomniac. I've found it hard to sleep for years and years. Maybe it's OCD or maybe it's just that I'm so depressed, I dunno. I just don't find a bed all that comfortable or... a good place to sleep. Although I'm going through an easy enough to sleep phase right now.

·
Registered
154,233 Posts
I am not having that much trouble sleeping either. I had some panic/anxiety flareups this past week and still managed to sleep without extra medication. Unfortunately, I am sleeping more than I probably should and it is pushing my day back. I probably should try to go to bed earlier or something.

·
Registered
230 Posts
I have far too much trouble sleeping. When I'm depressed (wich I am at the moment) I just spend the majority of my time lying around the house, binging on sugar.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts