Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Before i started medication i was having trouble sleeping and my average sleeping time is around 5-6am.

The first time i took Prozac/Fluoxetine i notice after a few hours i felt sleepy and i slept for almost an hour in the afternoon. Then at night i go to bed at 2:30am and within a few minutes i fell asleep. I was on 20mg for 2 weeks and everytime i go to bed i fell asleep within a few minutes. My average sleeping time is 2am. When i wake up at 9am i can sleep again if i want to.

It was really a miracle for me because before everytime i go to bed i would be able to sleep for about 2-4 hrs changing positions, etc

On the 3rd week i began taking 40mg. My sleep was the same but i notice that i had trouble getting back to sleep if i get up at 8am I cant sleep again.

Yesterday was the first time that i had trouble sleeping. I go to bed at 12:30 and i was constantly yawning but i cant fall sleep. The last thing i remember when i watch the clock it was 3:15am.

Tomorrow will be the start of my 5th week
Should i go back to 20mg? what do you think?

·
Banned
38,431 Posts
Prozac is supposed to be the most stimulating of the SSRIs, with Paxil supposedly the most sedating. I've tried both, but can't say I noticed any difference, with neither having an impact on my sleep.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts