Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
About 10 minutes ago while typing on my laptop, I felt this gulp feeling right in the middle of my chest and it made me jump a little bit. This feeling lasts for a quick second. Was this feeling a skipped heart beat? During the past year I have had 3 EKGs, 1 Echocardiogram and I holter which I did not get the results for. All came back normal. These feelings come around once or twice a week all lasting for a quick second, rest of the day I feel normal with a normal pulse. Should I have more heart exams done even though my other tests came back normal?

·
Registered
836 Posts
About 10 minutes ago while typing on my laptop, I felt this gulp feeling right in the middle of my chest and it made me jump a little bit. This feeling lasts for a quick second. Was this feeling a skipped heart beat? During the past year I have had 3 EKGs, 1 Echocardiogram and I holter which I did not get the results for. All came back normal. These feelings come around once or twice a week all lasting for a quick second, rest of the day I feel normal with a normal pulse. Should I have more heart exams done even though my other tests came back normal?
Perhaps this is something you should tell your doctor. If the EKG came back as normal I doubt you have a heart murmur, but if you're worried your doctor can help.

·
Registered
836 Posts
Don't. You'll be underwhelmed when you get out. Trust me. Just write down everything you want to ask him.

·
Registered
654 Posts
It's nothing to worry about.

But every box of medical advice on the net comes with a free "Check with your doctor", cupon.

·
Registered
154,233 Posts
I get 'em - as long as I get back on track, I am okay!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts