Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi!

I am almost done high school and I need to decide between university of Waterloo or Toronto for next year. Is there anyone who goes to university of Waterloo cause i need to know how it really is, especially for someone with SA.

Thanks a lot

·
Registered
24 Posts
Choose the school that you feel will better you as a person. But if you want my opinion, If you're really intent on doing something about your SA, I say go for Waterloo. Life in residence forces you to interact w/ others. Plus, it's a more recognized school than UofT (if you're in the field of engineering of computers, that is).

Good luck, dude.

·
subtastic
7,692 Posts
If you want science & math, go to Waterloo, but if you want arts & humanities, Toronto is the best bet. Both schools have absolutely horrid administration, but what schools *don't* these days? =) Personally I'd rather live in Toronto than Waterloo, but as I live in Toronto, I guess I'm kind of biased!

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey guys, thanks for the replies.

I am going to Engineering, and i have accepted the offer to waterloo

·
She-Wolf
5,985 Posts
concept said:
Choose the school that you feel will better you as a person. But if you want my opinion, If you're really intent on doing something about your SA, I say go for Waterloo. Life in residence forces you to interact w/ others. Plus, it's a more recognized school than UofT (if you're in the field of engineering of computers, that is).

Good luck, dude.
I agree with you. My brother goes to Waterloo, and the way he describes it, it seems everyone knows everyone else in each others residences and there is definitly a lot of interacting and socializing that goes on.

Hope you have a great time at 'Loo!!

·
Registered
24 Posts
AlienOnEarth said:
Hey guys, thanks for the replies.

I am going to Engineering, and i have accepted the offer to waterloo
Congrats. Waterloo Engineering's no cakewalk(I'm sure you know that already), but you'll have alot of fun.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Im going to Mac instead of waterloo because it has the common first year engineering and the waterloo co-op terms sound scary. But between Waterloo and UofT i think waterloo was the right choice.
Good luck with engineering!!

·
Registered
25 Posts
my bro's best friend goes 2 Waterloo, so far he doesn't complain about the social environment there. He's not the "cool" type of person who you would think makes friends easily, but I'm pretty sure he has made friends there. My sister went to Toronto University (she dropped out later) but she did make some friends there that she still hangs out with. Wut I'm saying is, people are the same everywhere, so I would recommend you to base your decision on more program related aspects, like subjects and majors and stuff...

·
gone
5,224 Posts
I go there. It doesn't seem that social to me, at least compared to Wilfrid Laurier, which is just down the street. I've only been to WLU a couple of times but noticed the different ambience right away.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts