Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How much does OHIP cover? Does it covel any/all medication or is there a "cover fee" or whatever?

Also, I saw on another thread that someone mentioned CBT is free in Ontario/Canada? Is it REALLY? There is no way I can afford it otherwise.

I need to know these types of financial details from people from Ontario, as going to the doctor is stressful enough for me without having to ask a lot of questions about financial things (I am very poor, but yay OHIP coverage!)

·
Registered
169 Posts
From what I understand CBT is free in Ontario but you will have to wait six months to a year to get in, they will try to convince you to pay for it witch will get you in instantly. And unless you’re on welfare or have job insurance I think you will have to pay for the meds.

·
subtastic
7,692 Posts
In general, OHIP will cover trips to a psychiatrist but not to a psychologist. My local health department has free counselling but it takes forever to get an appointment. Meds are unfortunately not covered by OHIP (although I think seniors might be covered).

If you need expensive medication, something like Blue Cross might be an option, althought it's pretty ridiculously expensive itself.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.