Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
kept in His hands
1,334 Posts
I think alot of people feel that way. I know I sure have at different times of my life. But I've learned that what I feel and what I know to be true are sometimes two different things and sometimes it's hard to separate the two.

I'm not sure what to say because I know the feelings you have are very strong. I know the most important thing to God is the relationship He has with us and that's not based on whether we go to church or not. He loves you regardless of any of that. He wants us to be real with Him. If you're feeling hated and ignored maybe you could try telling Him that. If you're angry at Him, let Him know. He's big enough to handle our anger. Forget formal prayers, just talk to Him like you would a friend.

You were put on this earth for more than suffering. God says "for I know the plans I have for you, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future" (Jeremiah 29:11).

I don't know what all you've gone through in life but I do know God wants to heal you and restore you. "The Lord is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit" (Psalm 34:18 ). He can take all that pain and make something good out of it if you let Him.

I'll be praying for you. :hug

Karen

·
Registered
49 Posts
I am sorry you are feel ing so bad about you relationship with God. It can be difficult when we feel bad about ourselves to accept that God still cares about us. Jehovah (God) is a loving God and he cares about you. The Bible at states at Psalm 34:V18 Jehovah is near to those who are broken in heart and those stricken in spirit he saves. Please do not give up praying I know it is hard for a long time I felt so unworthy of being able to talk to my heavenly father because I felt I was so unlovable. But it is worth the effort and rememeber God is there 24 hours a day

·
Registered
3 Posts
when I think of god, I think of a fictitious being hell-bent on damning just about everybody for their slightest imperfections

four years of Christian schools will do that to ya

·
You can do this!
4,464 Posts
No. I don't believe it's in God's nature to hate. But then, I have a really unusual belief in God. (Panentheism. It's like Pantheism but a little different.)

·
The Awesome One!
1,023 Posts
Hey mere phantom,

I know how you feel as I felt similarly for more than 2 decades. A few years ago it helped for me to change my thinking that life is a series of lessons. If something is bothering you then there's a lesson for you. The larger the problem, the larger the lesson and effort it requires.

With the internet and self help books, you should be able to find lots of resources. Ultimately, the support is there if you trust it and some of the events, people that you think are giving you problems are your best teachers. If someone told me this a few years ago I wouldn't have believed them but now that I changed a lot I can see in hindsight what that means.

Also, ask God not to solve your problems for you but to give you with strength, insight and other ways to help with solving the problems for yourself and trust that the answers will come. Though sometimes solutions will come in different form that you expected so you have to keep an open mind.

Hope this helps and all the best,

1 - 9 of 9 Posts