Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
16,644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm desperate to be cured of this disorder. I know there are deeply rooted negative thought patterns created by past trauma that is causing me to think and feel this way. The problem is I don't know how to unravel these thought patterns that have been infecting my mind for the majority of my life.

I'm thinking that a powerful hallucinogen such as ayahuasca will allow me to look deep inside myself and find a solution.

From Wikipedia:
People who have consumed ayahuasca report having massive spiritual revelations regarding their purpose on earth, the true nature of the universe as well as deep insight as how to be the best person they possibly can. This is viewed by many as a spiritual awakening and what's often described as a rebirth. In addition it is often reported that individuals can gain access to higher spiritual dimensions and make contact with various spiritual or extra dimensional beings who can act as guides or healers. It's nearly always said that people experience profound positive changes in their life subsequent to consuming ayahuasca and it is often viewed as one of the most effective tools of enlightenment. However, during an ayahuasca experience, people sometimes report nausea, diarrhea, and cold flashes. Additionally, vomiting almost always follows ayahuasca ingestion; this purging is considered by many shamans and experienced users of ayahuasca to be an essential part of the experience as it represents the release of negative energy and emotions built up over the course of one's life. There are many reports of miraculous physical as well as emotional and spiritual healing resulting from the use of ayahuasca. Long-term negative effects are not yet known.
There is a place in Peru that offers ayahuasca therapy for free. I've actually been thinking it might be worth it.

·
Registered
545 Posts
I'm desperate to be cured of this disorder. I know there are deeply rooted negative thought patterns created by past trauma that is causing me to think and feel this way. The problem is I don't know how to unravel these thought patterns that have been infecting my mind for the majority of my life.

I'm thinking that a powerful hallucinogen such as ayahuasca will allow me to look deep inside myself and find a solution.

From Wikipedia:

There is a place in Peru that offers ayahuasca therapy for free. I've actually been thinking it might be worth it.
I've heard of it. Apparently it's pretty difficult making the "right" brew. You should try it. I know I would if I had the opportunity.

·
Banned
16,644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've heard of it. Apparently it's pretty difficult making the "right" brew. You should try it. I know I would if I had the opportunity.
I am definitely open to it. I'm not sure what it takes to actually book one of these trips though. It might be easier to just make my own. From what I've heard, it sounds promising. Some people claim that their entire thought process and the way they look at life completely changes after only taking it once.

Yeah, I guess you need the right ratios of DMT and MAO inhibiting alkaloids in order for the DMT to fully cross the blood/brain barrier.

·
Banned
4,394 Posts
I've done it several times.

It you want to gain a real therapeutic benefit then you should do it in a setting conducive to that. Either with the traditional shamans, or a therapist who will guide you. Just tripping on your own is often of little benefit and can be pretty overwhelming.

·
Banned
4,394 Posts
Ive seen a documentary on it.. but Im pretty skeptical.
Real psychedelic therapy can be amazingly transformerative. MDMA was used by thousands of therapists before the drug became illegal. Current trials are being performed using MDMA as a cure for PTSD.

A shamanic Ayahuasca such as is being discussed can save people's lives when they are suffering from trauma induced conditions. When done right it is exactly what some people need.

That being said have been through several therapeutic sessions that involved the use of powerful psychedelics and they have been of some short term benefit but My condition(s) are likely endogenous and will never be healed.

Even just tripping on mushrooms with friends though banished my social anxiety for for a while. Set and setting are extremely important.

I have used mescaline many times on my own and never really gained anything.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
I've done it several times.

It you want to gain a real therapeutic benefit then you should do it in a setting conducive to that. Either with the traditional shamans, or a therapist who will guide you. Just tripping on your own is often of little benefit and can be pretty overwhelming.
This is absolutely correct, tripping on your own can be a great detriment and dangerous, and doing so in the wrong environment can affect the trip negatively.

I always advise having a sitter, just in case the trip goes wrong, as well as doing so in a comfortable and positive environment. Safety should be your number one concern!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Heh! Kinda strange i logged in today for the first time in 2 years today and found this. Anyway i went to Iquitos in Peru last august to relieve myself of deep emotional issues ie depression, anxiety etc. I had done ALOT of research before i took the plunge as it was costing me $3000 flights and accom in the amazon jungle. What can i say.... IT was v v v tough what i went through while there and is not for the faint hearted. I saw horrific things in my visions and out of 4 ceremonies i partook in i had 1 magical one. On the final night i was so scared of having a bad experience i left one night early as i witnessed another guy have deep emotional trauma the night before he left for australia. However i've recently came in contact with somebody who drinks the ayahuasca as part of the Santo Daime religion and i plan on going balls out for this as i want to experience the transformation that i've read so many others have. You have to go through hell before you reach paradise. Any more questions pm me. Peace.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Oh by the way check out a documentary on google video called ' the man who drank the universe '..... should give you a good insight as to what goes on.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello friend, i would love to provide any insight into ayahuasca and shamanic work.
I have practiced shamanism for 8 years and have worked with a variety of teacher plants.

As mentioned above the specifics of how you utilize these tools will greatly effect the outcome of your transformation. Forming ritual and having a safe and harmoniously conducive environment are of importance.

Read this which i found very helpful...its about maintaining respect for teacher plants when approaching them for ritual.
http://eternityinabox.com/blog/2013...ity-in-your-interactions-with-plant-teachers/

The brew generally consists of 50g banisteriopsis caapi and 50 g psychotria viridis. Sometimes up to one hundred is used of each, but usually fifty is sufficient for most healing. I can detail you on brewing the plants more if you need help. I am a strong believer in the benefits of meditation and sacred plant transformation and would love to help you out. :)

The blog linked above is pretty new, but the writer claimed that there will be more information about meditation and forming ritual very soon. I've also purchased plants from them and found the quality to be superb.

Feel free to private message me with any questions it for more details about ayahuasca. I also have a list of other teacher plants which from my exp can help with social anxieties. Best wishes to you all!

·
Registered
5,070 Posts
Yes I know of the brew Ayahausca, do not drink it if you take Nardil. Try DMT first, I am also desperate to try DMT, but Ayahausca is much stronger and can last for hours and taste like ****.

·
Registered
883 Posts
Psychedelics may be a good way to trick the mind. People often report having profound experiences but the profoundness lacks tangibility hence the skepticism among non-users. What they get is the illusion of profoundness and not anything really profound that can be explained to someone who has not experienced it.

·
Banned
4,394 Posts
Yes I know of the brew Ayahausca, do not drink it if you take Nardil. Try DMT first, I am also desperate to try DMT, but Ayahausca is much stronger and can last for hours and taste like ****.
To all non-users, do NOT follow this advice, smoking freebase DMT is a much more radical and instantly rattling experience than drinking ayahuasca brew.

Psychedelics may be a good way to trick the mind. People often report having profound experiences but the profoundness lacks tangibility hence the skepticism among non-users. What they get is the illusion of profoundness and not anything really profound that can be explained to someone who has not experienced it.
There is a lot more than simple illusion and tricking the mind as you say. Truthfully there are almost no published studies of psychedelic therapy, so anything we discuss as to how it works would be us guessing and extrapolation.

·
Registered
630 Posts
I seem to remember you living in Southern California. There is an Ayahuasca retreat in Baja California, Mexico, about 3-4 hrs away from San Diego. It's 225 dollars a night and they provide transportation and lodging. I'm looking for people interested to go.

·
avui, no demà
3,117 Posts
I seem to remember you living in Southern California. There is an Ayahuasca retreat in Baja California, Mexico, about 3-4 hrs away from San Diego. It's 225 dollars a night and they provide transportation and lodging. I'm looking for people interested to go.
órale, güey

Reactions: WanderingSoul

·
Registered
40 Posts
you don't wont to just jump in to tripping start off by taking san pedro cactus or peruvian torch cactus peyote is to hard to find and you need 15 to 20 peyote's just order a cactus that's got mescaline in it ..it help me out with the stuff ..you can make
Ayahausca at home with mimosa hostilis inside root bark .i never dun it don't no how to
butt wood try it if it wood help me .mushrooms r not strong they wont help out with this .stuff we r Dealing with hopes this helps
https://www.google.com/search?hl=en...j=1&ei=XzkfUamXCueS2AXR8ID4BQ&ved=0CDIQvwUoAA

·
Registered
2 Posts
Reply to anyone every hear of ayahuasca

My name is Robert and ayahuasca cured me in ways I could have never imagined. The story behind me and how I ended up ingesting the ayahuasca is very interesting. If anyone is needing some guidance or referrals please let me know. I can give you a pretty detailed story about the whole journey.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts