Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Considering buying one. Anyone ever use one and what were your experiences?

·
Registered
4,219 Posts
Yes when I was a kid, oddly enough things started to go downhill for me not long after, developed SAD etc. I'm sure the Ouija board didn't tell me that was going to happen. :lol

·
Registered
18,888 Posts
I remember using a Ouija board as a kid once or twice. I don't remember much about the experience, but I don't recall being impressed.

I don't have any, uh, paranormal activity to report about it.

·
Registered
364 Posts
I would love to try one. I love ghosts even though I doubt they are real.

·
fellow human
2,074 Posts
I would love to try one. I love ghosts even though I doubt they are real.
Ghosts would be great if real. I walk around my house at night with all the lights out hoping something spooky will happen, but it never does. :( Looking into reflective objects under poor lighting is a no go too

Oh, and I've never tried a ouija board... sorry :(

·
Registered
16 Posts
Ghosts would be great if real. I walk around my house at night with all the lights out hoping something spooky will happen, but it never does. :( Looking into reflective objects under poor lighting is a no go too

Oh, and I've never tried a ouija board... sorry :(
I'm going to buy one for the next time my friends and me hang out. Thx, for the idea lol

·
Registered
3,836 Posts
You know that you are inviting a spirit which could be anything, anyone, to act through you and other people. That really is not normal. Also whatever it says, yes or no, or spells out etc. you are giving power to affect your mind and think it means something and you will keep wondering. It is nothing but mental trouble. You aren't thinking with logic, nor values, or with your senses.

·
resident classicist
4,408 Posts
I find it hilarious that people think that a toy made by Parker Bros can tell the future/summon spirits.

No, I've never used one but I had friends in high school that swore by its accuracy.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I've given it some thought and I'm probably not going to do the Ouija Board. I live in a fairly old house, never experienced any paranormal activity and I really don't want to unravel any potential spirits. Just not worth it.

I would possibly do it elsewhere, but, not in my house. LOL.

·
UnDeRrAtED
34,711 Posts

·
Banned
577 Posts
I wouldn't even go near one. Them spirits you'd be contacting ain't ghosts, trusts me. They're demons, and they DON'T have your best intentions at heart. If you see one it's not the kind've thing you should simply avoid, but the kind you should take out back and pour gasoline on and burn to ashes.

·
In orbit, always
824 Posts
I tried one. Nothing happened.

·
:No Worries:
182 Posts
I wouldn't even go near one. Them spirits you'd be contacting ain't ghosts, trusts me. They're demons, and they DON'T have your best intentions at heart. If you see one it's not the kind've thing you should simply avoid, but the kind you should take out back and pour gasoline on and burn to ashes.
I don't know if your being sarcastic or not, but as Bezoomny said its just a board game created by Parker Brothers. So much hype was built up about it over the decades since its inception but its just a silly novelty.

If you wanted to pretend to get in touch with the supernatural you could do so with anything. Nothing about the game makes it more special then anything else. :)

·
Banned
577 Posts
No i've heard some stories from people i can trust. The Bible clearly condemns the use of spirit mediums: "There should not be found in you anyone who makes his son or his daughter pass through the fire, anyone who employs divination, a practicer of magic or anyone who looks for omens or a sorcerer, or one who binds others with a spell or anyone who consults a spirit medium or a professional foreteller of events or anyone who inquires of the dead. "(Deuteronomy 8:10,11). The spirits being contacted are indeed demons, the angels who joined Satan and rebelled against God.

Not that i'm trying to start a Bible discussion, there's enough non-religious people out there with plenty of bad experiences with these things to prove it should be avoided at all costs.

·
:No Worries:
182 Posts
Ok to each their own then. :D

<---- Not Christian

·
In the doghouse
1,165 Posts
I've played this game several times & it's always a blast! Back in my "Lutheran School Days" I used to do this with the pastor's kid all the time. We desperately wanted to summon a demon & at one point tried summoning the devil himself. We went to great lengths including checking out every book on witchcraft from the local library & using bible versus. In the end we ended up summoning a tremendous amount of giggling & if I remember correctly, at one point, a farting contest. Ahh to be young again! :)

1 - 20 of 35 Posts