Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone else fear their high school graduation? Its supposed to be a good day but I wanted to avoid it.

·
Registered
3,091 Posts
Yes. Because then you have to get really serious about your life and career even though you might be a walking disaster area of epic loserness that other people flee in terror from.

·
Denizen of the Night
230 Posts
I didnt want to go to mine but I wasn't scared of the actual graduation part. At least my high school was small and there were only 30 kids in my class so the ceremony was short. Our speaker was Norm Stewart (very successful former Mizzou basketball coach who grew up in the town that the school is in, google him) so that was cool. There were loads more people there than at a normal graduation just to see him.

·
SASsy
18,100 Posts
I was nervous about it but I went anyway. We had over 600 graduates in my class.

·
HeavyDirtySøul
5,969 Posts
I felt that way about graduating.. it meant I have to be in the real world. I graduated last summer and Ive been too afraid to do anything sense. Im still pretty much 16.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
I know it's scary but you should go....I didn't go to my highschool one but did go to my college one and it was awesome.

·
Banned
47 Posts
Yea I'm terrified of graduation :|. It's mostly what comes after the graduation that scares me though. I just don't feel ready for university or the real world in general, the deadline to apply for universities is coming up and I still have no idea what I'm doing with my life. I can't even imagine how I'll handle living on my own. Thinking of going to prom is stressing me out more than graduation though right now. If I can make it through prom without an anxiety attack then graduation will be no problem.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts