Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wondered if this was a me thing, or a SAD thing. I find more and more that I can't stand up for myself. I am too nice, too generous, and find it impossible to show annoyance.

Is this just me?

·
Banned
2,954 Posts
You're not the only one.

I used to think it was weird how people would tell me I'm "too nice." I thought.. what? You want me to be a ***** to you???

·
Banned
3,285 Posts
Depends on how much you irk me. First time around I'm pretty nice, 2nd time I'm cool with it, about 5 or 6 times of the same thing and then I get annoyed, especially if you don't give me anything in return or you're not friendly about it.

·
Banned
3,564 Posts
I don't think I'm too nice. When people take advantage of it that shows bad character on their part, and I usually stop being so nice when they do that cause they obviously don't deserve to be treated with any respect if they like taking advantage of people :?. It may take a few times for me to realize it, but I don't let people continuously walk all over me, not anymore at least. That used to be a recurring problem for me that a lot of people took advantage of and got me picked on in school.

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
Yes, I'm very easy to take advantage of. I'm extremely forgiving of peoples faults in hopes that they will forgive me for my extremely pathetic faults

·
Registered
595 Posts
I use to be the same way. When i would get home i would always beat myself over it and i just got sick of it. So whenever im the a situation where i know people are likely to take advantage of me more than likely ill say no. Dont get me wrong i still say yes most of the time but i still know that the word "no" is apart of my vocabulary and that i can use it. Theres nothing wrong with saying no somtimes. Remeber that.

·
Registered
513 Posts
I am. And then I beat myself up over it. Sucks. Passive aggressive as a result.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Well I don't think that's a bad thing personally. But if someone does you wrong, then you can't make them think it's ok if you act like it is.

·
When you herp, life derps
74 Posts
I am far too nice for my own good. Once lent a guy my phone in a store when nobody else would, he gives it back, walks outside and I see him get tackled by 6 armed police officers! I guess he robbed a place up the street and used my phone to call his getaway car.

·
Registered
281 Posts
This is what I'm working on. I'm trying to not be such a pushover and stand my ground once in awhile. I tend to say "yes" to many things and results me in doing more things I can't handle. I would always let people walk all over me. In the beginning on this year, my goal was to stop being a pushover. Slowly but surely, it's getting better for me cuz I'm starting to say "no". When I see people take advantage of me, I say "no".

Saying "no" was the hardest thing for me cuz I, too, felt like it'll make the other person not like me. But once I said "no," I realized saying "no" wasn't as bad. (It actually felt good). Now I can say it without feeling guilty. In time, you'll eventually be more aggressive and stand your ground.

·
Registered
48 Posts
i am a push over when it comes to women i cant say no that is my biggest relationship problem and i think that is a big SA thing because we do not want confrontation and thats how we become doormats. We fear letting people down

1 - 13 of 13 Posts