Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have IBS w/ frequent diarrhea (tmi i know) but I just need to know I'm not alone. Its like my stomach hurts all the time. School is a nightmare because when I'm not holding in waste my stomach is making really loud noises and its just attrocious, this then draws me attention, which triggers more anxiety! Its just such a hard thing to live with. I have to plan trips around having to go to the restroom. Anyone else have this problem?

·
I Am Second
57,996 Posts
I have a similar issue, I just have to watch what I eat. Like diary products. Yes I was the same in school. I could of had a 4.0 in school but I always rushed through every test because of my stomach noises/issues. Embarrassing. I stopped eating lunch at school, took pepto bismol like every morning, etc. What are you doing to fix the issue?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sometimes if I get up early and use the bathroom for a long time I can get rid of it for the day but that's rare and idk how to get rid of the noises

·
I Am Second
57,996 Posts
Do eating make it worse? Try eating less.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have IBS. Mine is with the nausea, gagging, upset stomach and stomach pain. But my doctor told me it was related to my anxiety. It would flare up whenever I was upset or nervous. It sucks, but its just apart of it. And don't eat less. That's silly. You need to just eat foods that don't upset you. Like eat chicken, not a lot of spices, start keeping track of what sets you off.

·
I Am Second
57,996 Posts
I have IBS. Mine is with the nausea, gagging, upset stomach and stomach pain. But my doctor told me it was related to my anxiety. It would flare up whenever I was upset or nervous. It sucks, but its just apart of it. And don't eat less. That's silly. You need to just eat foods that don't upset you. Like eat chicken, not a lot of spices, start keeping track of what sets you off.
Yeah I just mentioned eating less because its the only way I found that helps me. But yeah keeping track of what sets you off is a great idea.

·
I'll reverse your reverb
3,240 Posts
I suspect that I have it yet I haven't been officially diagnosed. Like you guys, I experience the diarrhea, minor stomach aches, constant feelings of gas, nausea, some vomiting, etc. Lately it hasn't been acting up so much now that the semester is over. I've noticed that eating healthier has helped some. I've limited my carb consumption, eat plenty of fruits/veggies, and eat in smaller portions.

·
littleghost
1,928 Posts
I found this old thread because I was going to ask if anyone else had SA and IBS, but I figured it had been asked before. Mine used to be really bad when I was at school. I'd walk home every day doubled over in pain. They didn't understand it as well back then (I'm old, this was a long time ago). I knew it was connected to anxiety though. The pains and cramps would get worse whenever I was anxious.

When I was older and put on anxiety meds, it got much better. It wasn't an everyday experience anymore. When anxiety flares up bad, though, I still get it. Today I'm anxious because my in-laws are coming for Thanksgiving and I'm spending half the day in the bathroom instead of getting ready.

If anyone has IBS and isn't on anxiety meds, they should try them.

·
Ambivalent
634 Posts
I want to drop some life-saving knowledge.

https://www.amazon.com/WAKAMOTO-Str...coding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=RPPBZA1196AKEKPXTN50

Wakamoto works wonder! I don't take it after every meal, because personally my body doesn't need it. But I try to take 9 pills (recommended dosage for 15 and up) after dinner every day. The only time I take it after multiple meal like lunch and dinner is when I ate a lot of food and I'm having trouble digesting due to the bloating.

I tend to have really bad bloating problem to the point that I look like I'm 9 months pregnant. Not even joking with you on that. I have bad digestive system already, and this really helps especially with bloating, constipation, and diarrhea. It's wonderful for diarrhea actually

https://www.wakamoto-pharm.co.jp/english/product/index.html

^ you can read more about the product here. Plus it's a probiotic

·
Banned
674 Posts
I wish.

·
Pandora’s Birthright
3,641 Posts
@CrystalGemPearl

i understand you wanting to get over your phobia, but do you think perhaps this is taking it a step too far?

I mean, i have some experience with this (might not have been IBS exactly, but some similar symptoms. This is really not nice stuff. I finally started taking probiotics-- and those being the more expensive ones-- which finally started to help after about 3 or 4 months, and i continue to have to take them on a more or less daily basis.)

if you want to try it, okay, but fair warning.

·
Banned
674 Posts
^ Nonsense! There's no such thing as "too far".

·
Banned
674 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts