Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Feel it has been a bit overlooked with new COD and Skyrim, but I've been waiting for ages for this game, and I'm loving it (although it isn't my favourite in the seires :-( )

Anyone else playing, and how you finding it? I'm not normally a play-on-release gamer, as I'm usually too obsessed with another game to swap to a new one, and I'm finding it odd that there isn't much info online! I'm struggling with one Den leader and can't find anything online about it.

·
Temporarily stationary
1,486 Posts
Wish I was but my 360 broke near the end of Brotherhood and now I have no urge to replay it on my ps3 or pc. I don't want to start Revelations before I do that, though.

Also BF3 and Skyrim are eating my gaming time anyway.

·
Registered
800 Posts
You're right AnxiousA AC:Revelations has come out at the wrong time as most will be playing Skyrim, CoD, BF3, UC3 and Batman. With the boss you're having trouble with just keep google-ing him or checking youtube as someone more interested in AC will eventually post an answer soon. I'm having the same problem with Skyrim (on occasion) but it usually only takes a day or 2 to get a solution.

I'll be getting AC Revelations some time next year

·
B 2 Lonely
1,077 Posts
Just finished Revelations, took me 8 hours for main story.

Things i liked:

1) new game in the series!
2) bombs, after playing the game through not using any
3) altair's story, memory within memory
4) faster leveling of assassins, and the temporary perks from the Mediterranean defense mini-game.
5) subject 16 with a face!
6) desmond's daddy at the end

Things i did not like:
1) den defense - tacked on nonsense. i rather just reclaim the area by having a sin vs guards war. i lost many fellow 'sins because the decked out janissaries.
2) janisarries - i guess it's a nice challenge, if you have like 5-10 minutes to spare. i think at this point, only bombs can kil them quickly, otherwise, you should probably have a great exit strategy
3) Med.Def. mini-game = i thought taking control of the areas was permanent. but it was not. so i wasted some time trying to chase a fantasy that i could actually reclaim the Mediterranean. First thought - do side quests to get presence there and templar control down. then reclaim the city, then build it up ftw. but the percentages are only temporary. kind of sucks.
4) not countering a contested zone closes those shops and monuments. the beefed up security in the areas contested i can understand, but it sucks cause i have to repurchase them upon retaking.
5) map too small?

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I agree with a lot of your points rgrwng.

I didn't like Bombs at first, but in the aims of 100% I gave it a go, and am a convert!

I'm at about 48% complete, focusing on side bits, challenges etc before carrying on the story.

I'm liking older Ezio, he suits his age I think.

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
I can't wait to play Revelations, but I'm waiting until Black Friday when I can buy it and Uncharted 3 for 35. And I still haven't beaten everything in Arkham City, so I'm still good.

·
B 2 Lonely
1,077 Posts
after spending time doing what i can, i have to give up at 68% completion. it's just a hassle defending or reclaiming dens. i might try to finish getting the rest of the treasure chests in each of the missions before finally turning in the towel.

great game, but with too much added at once, a shorter story which ends the story arch on a great note, and more multiplayer stuff, i feel like this series is going to suffer in SP.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If you level up your assassins and assign them as den leaders, you don't need to do den defense. I did two defenses then got fed up of it. I can tolerate the mediterranean mini game as it's much quicker/easier.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts