Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,
Im new to this so please dont judge.
I just needed someone to talk to or even someone to give me help/advice.
Im stuck in a place in my life where i just havent a clue what i want anymore i turned 21 3 months ago and i spent a great 3 week holiday away with my family but had to come back to here..home..reality, but i just dont know what i want. I have a great job which i didnt really choose to be in but was lucky enough to get it, i have a perfect family but thats where it ends, iv never known what iv wanted to do as a job as i guess iv always been pretty spoilt and never had to think about it i suppose. I have no really good friends and i never really have, i find my self bored at home really restless but dont enjoy anything really apart from watching sport which always seem to annoy people as im a girl. i dont enjoy going out i find it a watse of time, money and effort and usually find myself disappointed, im not interested in much else and i never have been, i used to like drawing and be interested in art but that faded as well as all other interests. i dont get excited by much, i feel like i deserve something when i dont really know why iv done nothing special to deserve anything. I never have any luck with boyfriends i either seem to scare them away or there to infactuated with there ex and leave, i think in that case i watch to much TV in where i believe something magical is going to happen. i dont want to stay where im living but id never be able to leave my family and id want them to come with me but then thats just selfish when we was younger we lived abroad where my dad worked but then my brother got ill and we had to come back to england so i think i always believe that i was never meant to be here and belong back somewhere else but i just dont know where. Everybody thinks i have a hard personality and im confident maybe i used to be but recently im just the opposite i could cry at everything and im really not confident, i struggle a little with my weight i have lost alot before but gained it again as i feel there was no point. i have no motivation to lose it, i try to go to the gym but its hard enough getting my self there never mind actually doing anythign when im there. i suppose i could just do with an outsiders opinion or some to give me ideas for a ne wlease fo life without anythign drastically changing, i feel like im wasting everybodys time with this problem as there is nothing wrong in a sense i mean im not ill im perfectly healthy so why cant i live my life?? but i just want to knwo why i feel like this and when will it end so i can be me again happy smiley confident go with the flow me again!!!

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Hi everyone,
Im new to this so please dont judge.
I just needed someone to talk to or even someone to give me help/advice.
Im stuck in a place in my life where i just havent a clue what i want anymore i turned 21 3 months ago and i spent a great 3 week holiday away with my family but had to come back to here..home..reality, but i just dont know what i want. I have a great job which i didnt really choose to be in but was lucky enough to get it, i have a perfect family but thats where it ends, iv never known what iv wanted to do as a job as i guess iv always been pretty spoilt and never had to think about it i suppose. I have no really good friends and i never really have, i find my self bored at home really restless but dont enjoy anything really apart from watching sport which always seem to annoy people as im a girl. i dont enjoy going out i find it a watse of time, money and effort and usually find myself disappointed, im not interested in much else and i never have been, i used to like drawing and be interested in art but that faded as well as all other interests. i dont get excited by much, i feel like i deserve something when i dont really know why iv done nothing special to deserve anything. I never have any luck with boyfriends i either seem to scare them away or there to infactuated with there ex and leave, i think in that case i watch to much TV in where i believe something magical is going to happen. i dont want to stay where im living but id never be able to leave my family and id want them to come with me but then thats just selfish when we was younger we lived abroad where my dad worked but then my brother got ill and we had to come back to england so i think i always believe that i was never meant to be here and belong back somewhere else but i just dont know where. Everybody thinks i have a hard personality and im confident maybe i used to be but recently im just the opposite i could cry at everything and im really not confident, i struggle a little with my weight i have lost alot before but gained it again as i feel there was no point. i have no motivation to lose it, i try to go to the gym but its hard enough getting my self there never mind actually doing anything when im there. i suppose i could just do with an outsiders opinion or some to give me ideas for a ne wlease fo life without anything drastically changing, i feel like im wasting everybodys time with this problem as there is nothing wrong in a sense i mean im not ill Im perfectly healthy so why cant i live my life?? but i just want to know why i feel like this and when will it end so i can be me again happy smiley confident go with the flow me again!!!
hey whats up? How are you? you need help with building your confidence. Some of your problems may disappear as you get a little older but you may have to work on some of them. You may need a little therapy.
Steve

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey I'm feeling better today with your very helpful comments as much as i dont want anyone else to feel like me im glad i have your guys support and help. I have tries to volunteer but where i live its very difficult just to get part time as i work full time. Luckily enough we have a counsellor at work so im working up the courage to pay her a visit. Thanks again for your help and comments feel alot better just knowing about this site.

·
At War in the Forest
91 Posts
You could be suffering from a minor depression or dysthymia.. the lack of motivation and interest are all to familiar to me. its hard / near impossible to do things when there is absolutley no motivation. ive come to see that all too often, believe me. But once you get that spark you wonder how you found all those things so hard to do and why you wasted so much time doing nothing. Sadly that spark can also fade quite quickly, you have to keep at it. The important thing is that you activley work at getting happier , and you've started , good luck.

·
Banned
177,223 Posts
Hey blogger2 welcome. :hyper

·
Registered
154,235 Posts
Welcome, Blogger2! :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts