Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
4,601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
most people where i work will always be talking about football or cricket or rugby and the players. Last time i went to a bbq and all the people who were there were just talking about players from the AFL and how they played. i hate these situations because i feel like i am so uninterested in anything and know nothing. Many times people have asked "what footy team do you barrick for?" and when I say I don't go for any they just look at me a bit funny like am i normal. Last time someone told me not to talk to them because i wasn't interested in footy. He was only joking but only because we worked together for a few years and told me he was just joking.

·
Its dawn here
6,082 Posts
yupss..really awkward to see people running for a ball

·
Banned
360 Posts
Yep. Not quite interested, although I tried to watch it once and figure why all the fuss. Yeah, it was alright, but not something I'd like to spend my time doing. I'd rather be the player myself and experience the fun in addition to getting health benefits.

·
peoplephobia
4 Posts
I can't stand most sports, especially balls sports. I don't have hardly any patience to watch them, and I make a fool of myself playing them, because I never know what to do, and I'm always avoiding the ball. I also don't like sports because I don't like doing competitive stuff. I don't see the point in throwing balls around to try and beat other people.

·
░░░░░░░&
1,042 Posts
I dont hate sports but I also dont like them but have a couple of friends that do and I hate it when they start to talk about sports(football/basketball) becuase I dont watch sports. Oh well

·
Registered
333 Posts
most people where i work will always be talking about football or cricket or rugby and the players. Last time i went to a bbq and all the people who were there were just talking about players from the AFL and how they played. i hate these situations because i feel like i am so uninterested in anything and know nothing. Many times people have asked "what footy team do you barrick for?" and when I say I don't go for any they just look at me a bit funny like am i normal. Last time someone told me not to talk to them because i wasn't interested in footy. He was only joking but only because we worked together for a few years and told me he was just joking.
Well, when it comes to sports, I love practicing martial arts, but WATCHING it on TV or something is boring. I'd rather be doing it myself.
If tomorrow my country would become world champion in football, I would really not give a crap.

·
Herp Derp
270 Posts
inb4 everyone who posts here is a girl

If I didn't have sports I probably WOULD kill myself.

·
SAS Member
2,346 Posts
I'm not that interested in watching sports on tv but I sometimes enjoy going to sports games (baseball and basketball). I don't really have a team i'm a fan of.

·
Beastly Yet Intriguing
342 Posts
I am a fan of fight sports, can just about tolerate soccer if there is *nothing* else on and watch rugby every now and then. Cricket, baseball and American football are tedious imo. But of course each to their own.

·
Banned
12,909 Posts
Other than basketball, I don't really like sports either.

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
<-- male who completely loathes ALL spectator sports, including American football, i.e. the second religion where I live

Sports fandom is basically all the silliness of militant nationalism, but even sillier because it's... a bunch of overpaid idiots scrambling for control of a ball, rather than something that actually impacts your life and government.

I have nothing against people *playing* sports, although I generally choose not to.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I hate watching sports too :x. It just doesn't seem entertaining in the 21st century when we have so many other gadgets and gismos to keep us busy that are actually INTERACTIVE.

Plus, someone fighting over a ball seems really dumb... lol.

Well... I am a girl but I love video games haha.

·
Registered
4,601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
inb4 everyone who posts here is a girl

If I didn't have sports I probably WOULD kill myself.
Ha ha ha... yeah most people who don't like sports (especially ball based) are girls. I've tried to get into sports by watching them and trying to learn about them but I can't. I just start feeling sleepy the last time I watched cricket. I just felt like rolling my eyes when the footy grand final was on and people were all excited about it. The only time I was interested in sports was when the world cup (soccer) was on and wanted to see Australia actually play and see how far they'd get. I think when people bet on sports it makes it far more interesting to watch because they want to win some money. But I fail to see how people can get religious about their sport and paint themselves in their team's colours and start riots over lossess. I feel very anxious aorund people who talk about sports because I just stay quiet and when they find out they start asking other questions like "what exactly are you into???" and my face goes all :s

·
happy :)
606 Posts
LoL yer down here everyone talks about the footy, i don't understand the game guys running around after this oval shaped ball not many american's understand the game either but the funny thing they socialize over it , that's what i dont get, how do you socialize over sports "oh he kicks that ball with such might wow, mate check out how fast that bloke runs" its pathetic, funny some people talk about the biggest bull**** because they want to feel apart of something great like the weekend footy for example, i like watching sports like cricket or soccer but i dont think i'll ever be at that point where ill be drooling over it though England's soccer team does have a good one GO ENGLAND!!! just kidding

1 - 20 of 43 Posts