Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Hiding In My Den
1,955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone else just stay home and not see family or anyone else for the holidays? I spent both this easter and last christmas alone (well not really alone because I live with my mom, but I didn't go anywhere and no one came here). I haven't even seen any of my other family in years.

·
In my shiny bubble
2,428 Posts
Nah didn't do anything this easter, just stayed at home. I wasn't alone though my parents and sister were here. Maybe i would've wanted to do something but you know we didn't. And if i had friends i'd do something with them or only if it wasn't too nerve wrecking.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Yes I don't see anyone over holidays, but most days are like that. Anyway I live in a different city to my parents and a whole different country to my sister (only sibling).

·
Banned
728 Posts
Could have gone to a barbecue, didn't want to.

Saw 1 friend at my house, turned down another person.

Feeling really bad, but at least i have easter chocolate.

Could be a little worse, could be way better.

I'm too afraid to do anything "outside".

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
I live with a family that drags me out to do things on holidays. We all had to visit relatives in Indiana, went to Ihop for breakfast, which I just sat there and didn't eat, then went to our relatives house to help them work on a fence and had a turkey dinner. You might feel bad about not doing anything but if you ever have a family that makes you do these things you start to get annoyed by it and it becomes one of those dreadful forced moments in life. I can understand a major holiday like christmas, but when it every single holiday, school breaks, birthday parties for people I don't have that much to do with it gets tiring. I espicially hate thanksgiving, when you have to have it 3 or 4 times over with mulitiple families that all think you should be at theirs.

Ultimately though I really just hate traveling for holidays, whats wrong with just spending it at home, I thought most holidays were suppose to be family things anyways.

·
Registered
10,731 Posts
I cooked up a 11 pound turkey and took it out to my parent's. I didn't see much of my dad though. He was helping the contractor build a scaffold so they can put up the roof trusses for the house he is building on his 30 acres of forest land. I then drove my mom to work.

·
Registered
139 Posts
eh, easter isnt as enjoyable as it used to be when i was younger. to be honest this weekend was hellish, and i didnt really have any room for celebration at all. Darn SA always interfers with life:(

·
Registered
18,888 Posts
Three family get-togethers over the weekend... Good for bringing out dread, anticipatory anxiety, and greatly depressing feelings of loneliness in me. (At the same time, I doubt I'd want to spend holidays entirely alone, either.. Can't win.)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.