Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am starting at a University in the fall working on my bachelors in cis. Is anyone else going to school for this? or working in this field?

·
Banned
2,768 Posts
i am..not the most computer savy person on the earth but im managing. What kind of classes they have you guys doing?

They got us all over the place with database management, programming, networking...one where you make a system for a business

·
Registered
65 Posts
I'm earning a degree in Management Information Systems, which is pretty much the same thing as CIS.

·
Lost
342 Posts
Cool

I have a degree in business information systems so I did papers in programming, database design, multimedia, analysis and web development....it was cool.
Now Im doing a diploma in geographic information systems.
So that is my speciality...information systems.
I worked for a software development company for a while too.
Send me a message if you want to chat.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I just got my Associate Degree in CIS from a technical college.
I enjoyed doing it but for the job may be......

I let somebody else helps to finish my sentence.

·
Trapped in my own head
113 Posts
I got my bachelor's in CIS back in '05 and I've been in the industry ever since.

·
Recluse
835 Posts
I'm doing Computer Science which has quite a lot in common :) IS is not my favourite subject though hehe.

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
Curious, is there a lot of jobs with a CIS major?

·
Registered
247 Posts
@Prodigal Son yes there are a lot of jobs. It is a very similar degree to Computer Science/Engineering, Software Engineering and Management Information Systems.

I am working on my Management Information Systems degree. It is a ton easier than Computer Science here. But the majority is business when I'd like some more technical stuff. Computer Science is all programming.

Computer Engineering is more hardware while Computer Science is more software. Software Engineering is a blend of the two. I love Management Information Systems and am so glad I chose it over the other 3.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts