Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Parsimonious Postgraduate
1,067 Posts
I'm applying to Graduate School in the States at the moment. It is nerve- racking since I am waiting for my transcripts to be sent. I just want it over with, so much stress and anxiety.

Best of luck with your endeavours!

·
Registered
202 Posts
I sent off my UCAS application on the 11th of January, and pretty much three times a day since I've been checking my emails to see if there's any response from the universities that I've applied to, even though I know I'm being too impatient. The waiting feels very tense, but the prospect of an interview is even more so.

Anyone else in this situation right now?
I was like that just before Christmas (I sent my ucas application off super early) and waited about 2 weeks before they all replied I think. What universities have you applied to?

·
Registered
3,407 Posts
Good luck! I had to go through this in November because I applied early decision, and I remember being constantly nervous for the last few days before I got my decision. As far as an interview, I had one and I thought it would he miserable because I was terrified out of my mind, but it went fine and actually much better than I expected. The guy was nice and understanding when something came out awkwardly and didn't ask any "trick" questions.

Just remember that no matter what the interviews will be over soon and you'll be going somewhere great, I'm sure. You're almost done and, trust me, when it's over and you know where you're going it feels great.

·
Registered
202 Posts
How about you?
I've got conditionals to study biomedical science at mmu, leeds met, liverpool john moores and demontford. I hate that I almost did nothing in my first year of A levels and stayed at home, partly due to depression/anxiety so I'm limited in what uni's I can get into. I feel like the unis I'm left with are the ones which people go to if they just want to party/not do any work so am really worried I'm not going to fit in.

·
Registered
202 Posts
I was very depressed throughout 6th form, so I undrstand. I didn't get good AS levels so I resat.in Year 13 and took a gap year so I could apply with my new results. I understand that may not be an option for you though.

I worry about not fitting in too, but I think there's going to be a mix of people at any uni, so you can't really anticipate what people will be like in one place compared to another. I think all you can do is make a big effort when you get there to join societies, volunteer etc, in order to meet people with similar interests. I think 90% of students anywhere are more interested in going out than more introverted activities, but there's always going to be that 10% who don't, and once you get there you might find you have more in common than you think with the 90% anyway.
Aw well this cheered me up a bit because I thought I was the only person who felt like this. I'm planning on trying my best to put myself out of my comfort zone because I never really did that in college and hopefully make new friends. Still doesn't feel like I'm going uni in 6 months though aha.

·
Registered
2,298 Posts
Me!

And I have a question if anyone knows the answer:

If a uni rejects your application, will they let you know or just not answer?

·
Banned
1,008 Posts
I just got invited for an interview at my first choice uni!

I'm incredibly excited right now, but it won't be too long before the terror sinks in.
That's great news, congrats! Hope you do well.

To answer your question, I am currently applying for grad. school.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Yes, offers for Aberwystwyth and Nottingham.
I went to a open day at Aberwystwyth yrs ago when i was applying for my undergrad and fell in love with the place. Unfortunately didn't get a offer.

I've applied to UWE for a foundation course despite having a MSc lol but its more a work related degree and only applying as I can't get a graduate job at the moment.

·
Just a survivor
73 Posts
Im applying this year!

Already have a Foundation Degree in Multimedia design so hoping to Top up ^^ Got an interview this Thursday. Just praying my portfolio ends up well!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts