Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I mean I know this is a safe place to talk about everything but I just can't get over all my nerves. And I especially can't bring myself to jump into a conversation I didn't start, let alone continuing one I did. Did anyone else feel like this when they first started here? I just feel like I'm alone in a group again.

·
Registered
153 Posts
i was at first, not anymore...more people should speak up tho, you'll see hundreds of views with less than 50 people commenting on a variety of threads

·
Force of Habit
91 Posts
I still am. My imagination just runs wild when I consider the possible reactions to my deranged ramblings - but then I give it a shot, and it's never even a millionth of the trouble that I'd anticipated. We're all in the same boat here, so feel the fear and do it anyway. :)

·
Registered
2,804 Posts
I post about most things but I'm always extremely hesitant about pressing send after pouring my heart out I think because we post about personal things too it makes it harder and I ALWAYS regret it after posting and get stressed about it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
First of all well done for posting :D I found it very hard the first few times I posted on sa forums, always going back to see if someone didn't like that i said, worried what people thought of my posts etc. But the more I did it the easier it got and now i can write quite alot about myself and not worry about it.

It takes time, but it is worth it in my opinion, the more you post and open up the more enjoyable and easier it becomes:)

·
Your Assumptions
7,027 Posts
I find it's not as bad as on less busy, more close-knit forums. On forums like that, it's really obvious when you don't fit it. I was on one like that for a year and would feel extreme anxiety after posting, even once to the point of suicidal thoughts. Posting on forums such as this is much less intense for me and I don't overanalyse as much. It does get easier with practise.

·
Registered
104 Posts
This is the only forum I have ever been able to post on, before I was a chronic lurker. I feel comfortable with the people here, I like you guys :D

·
Registered
706 Posts
I mean I know this is a safe place to talk about everything but I just can't get over all my nerves. And I especially can't bring myself to jump into a conversation I didn't start, let alone continuing one I did. Did anyone else feel like this when they first started here? I just feel like I'm alone in a group again.
Think of it as a stepping stone i would. A stop gap between your current situation and facing SA outside the net. Plenty of people have done the same.

·
Registered
154,235 Posts
Check my post count :lol.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I lurked for awhile as I was researching, trying to figure out what was wrong with me, and it really helped seeing people that were going through the EXACT same thing...it made me less hesitant to post. I'm new here but I don't feel that afraid of posting just because everyone here is or has gone through the same thing...but on non-SA forums, I have horrible anxiety about posting. :/

·
Registered
706 Posts
I lurked for awhile as I was researching, trying to figure out what was wrong with me, and it really helped seeing people that were going through the EXACT same thing...it made me less hesitant to post. I'm new here but I don't feel that afraid of posting just because everyone here is or has gone through the same thing...but on non-SA forums, I have horrible anxiety about posting. :/
The gloves tend to be off on non SA boards and people are far less sympathetic to peoples feelings.

·
mmm... donuts
168 Posts
I've found it difficult to post at times. It gets easier the more you post. You can post in the "just for fun" forum if you just want to practice posting. Don't feel alone, many people feel that way here.

·
Buried at Sea
5,104 Posts
This is the first forum I've ever posted anything on and for every post I actually make, there's about five I start writing and then decide against it.

·
Registered
557 Posts
I mostly like to lurk on here. I don't really post that much or make my own posts (sometimes I might think of a question I'd like to ask but I don't ask it cuz I think it's stupid and at times I think I might not get a response although I don't respond to some which doesn't make sense)

·
Registered
47 Posts
I think I can understand how you feel. I've been lurking here for the past few years. I've never been able to work up the nerve to make more than a few posts.

·
Banned
5,875 Posts
I lurked here for a few months prior to posting. Funny enough, the reason I hesitated is because every time I would type up an introduction, I thought people would read it and find it strange or stupid. But eventually I got sick of not being able to contribute to threads and went ahead and got it over with.

I still get slightly anxious whenever I post. Even now, as I'm typing this, I'm thinking that somebody is going to read it and think "ok...this guy is weird". I know it doesn't make any sense, but my thought patterns are irrational like that.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts