Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Fire Princess
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The very thought of pregnancy and childbirth disgusts me. If someone is giving birth on a TV show, I have to change the channel, even if it doesn't really show anything. God forbid my Granny starts talking about her 10 pregnancies.

Even typing this out makes me want to puke. Pregnancy disgusts me slightly less, but even so, I feel extremely uncomfortable around pregnant women. When I look at them, all I can picture is their vag stretching out to fit a baby's head. Don't get me wrong, I think babies are cute, at least once they're cleaned up. But I never look at their mom the same way again unless I know it was a c-section.

As far as I'm concerned, a vag should only be for sex. This opinion seems to make people angry. My tokophobia in general seems to make people angry. For some odd reason, they take it as an insult. I just see nothing beautiful about another creature growing inside you, giving you hemorrhoids and stretch marks, making you pee and puke all the time, then being pushed out into possibly a pile of your ****. They say it "snaps right back", but the cervix never looks the same.

I hate it even more when people say "You'll change your mind" and "You'll feel different if you get pregnant". I didn't think I'd like homecoming, hangovers, or having my period, and guess what? I was right! If I ever do want an expensive new responsibility that takes away my freedom and ****s in their pants, I can always adopt. Until then, I'm fine with a 14 year old niece.

·
metamorphosis
7,002 Posts
The very thought of pregnancy and childbirth disgusts me. If someone is giving birth on a TV show, I have to change the channel, even if it doesn't really show anything. God forbid my Granny starts talking about her 10 pregnancies.

Even typing this out makes me want to puke. Pregnancy disgusts me slightly less, but even so, I feel extremely uncomfortable around pregnant women. When I look at them, all I can picture is their vag stretching out to fit a baby's head. Don't get me wrong, I think babies are cute, at least once they're cleaned up. But I never look at their mom the same way again unless I know it was a c-section.

As far as I'm concerned, a vag should only be for sex. This opinion seems to make people angry. My tokophobia in general seems to make people angry. For some odd reason, they take it as an insult. I just see nothing beautiful about another creature growing inside you, giving you hemorrhoids and stretch marks, making you pee and puke all the time, then being pushed out into possibly a pile of your ****. They say it "snaps right back", but the cervix never looks the same.

I hate it even more when people say "You'll change your mind" and "You'll feel different if you get pregnant". I didn't think I'd like homecoming, hangovers, or having my period, and guess what? I was right! If I ever do want an expensive new responsibility that takes away my freedom and ****s in their pants, I can always adopt. Until then, I'm fine with a 14 year old niece.
I'm honestly glad that I don't have to worry about pregnancy and giving birth. I don't know how soooo many women manage 9 months of hell. I mean, they constantly puke, pee, have pain, anxiety, have to change their diet, make sure they don't smoke, drink and have to sleep in certain positions.

Also, giving birth sounds AGONIZING.

·
Fire Princess
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm honestly glad that I don't have to worry about pregnancy and giving birth. I don't know how soooo many women manage 9 months of hell. I mean, they constantly puke, pee, have pain, anxiety, have to change their diet, make sure they don't smoke, drink and have to sleep in certain positions.

The pain wouldn't bother me. Hell, I'd rather be burned alive than give birth. Everything about it is just ****ing nasty! I kinda wish I was a guy, but my boyfriend is straight. Dx

·
Banned
1,464 Posts
I don't have that at all. I do agree that the process is disgusting, I ain't gonna be there to kiss some dirty, bloody, whiny kid. Only when everyone is nice and clean.

·
Banned
1,464 Posts
Except most of those ways require a pelvic exam or limit the spontanaity of sex. A bum deal either way.
Just have the man show his vasectomy papers.

·
Registered
968 Posts

Its not actually that painful :lol the other stuff is a complete blag though -.-

·
Fire Princess
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Just have the man show his vasectomy papers.
Yeah, don't believe in vasectomies, either. Neither of us are letting someone other than us touch our private parts. We don't see how anyone is even okay with that. Just being a medical **** doesn't make someone any more higher-priority or something any less violating.

·
Artest, Christian, Trans
377 Posts
I've never wanted to be pregnant either. The idea of a baby being inside me or coming out of me is just scary/disgusting to me. I don't however have a cynical idea that kids are the worst things known to man :/ I have five nieces and three nephews, all of whom I love to pieces. And someday I actually do want to have my own kids, just not physically, I plan to adopt. There are plenty of kids out there who need good homes that I can have without going through all the aforementioned pain, nausea, and baby stages. :)

·
Banned
4,666 Posts
I'm disgusted by the thought of myself being pregnant, but other people's pregnancies don't bother me. I agree with you, people are so ****ing rude, telling me "just wait, you'll want kids", "you're just a teenager".

·
Pastry Case
1,065 Posts
I only gave birth once, at home. I had a lovely midwife. But I have to say it was the most excruciating, mindbogglingly strong pain I've ever had ..... I honestly thought I was going to die. When I was in the middle of the worst of it I promised myself that I would never get in that position again and I didn't.

To be honest, pregnancy wasn't bad at all, once the morning nausea was gone. It wasn't 'morning' sickness, it was 24/7 sickness for about 2mths. I never actually vomited, just felt as if I was about to. I was working at a pony-trekking stables so that distracted me to some extent.

I was a single mother and my problems started once I had given birth, starting with the angry male doctor who was called to stitch my tears ..... still have the mental scars from that. Then I had post natal depression which went undiagnosed for ever.

I loved my son to bits from the moment he arrived and goodness knows he was a very good baby, but he's 33 now and he's still in my thoughts every day and I still worry about him. You never stop being a mother.

·
Banned
1,464 Posts
Yeah, don't believe in vasectomies, either. Neither of us are letting someone other than us touch our private parts. We don't see how anyone is even okay with that. Just being a medical **** doesn't make someone any more higher-priority or something any less violating.
It's possible to do the operation yourself.

Apply local anesthetic, make incision, cut, sew incision.

·
girl
386 Posts
agreeeeed

the thought of childbirth put me off having a child for a LONG time. still kinda does. i have days where i just want my own family one day but for the most part it makes me want to throw up.

·
Pastry Case
1,065 Posts
There have been times where I have thought of it as a parasite growing inside the woman, like some sort of alien. I'm sure it doesn't feel like that though and hormones help.
There were times when I did feel like that! I tried not to dwell on it though, because of course there was only one way he was coming out and at a time that he chose! :haha

My main fear was that I wouldn't love him. Everyone says 'oh, as soon as you see the baby you'll fall in love with it', but I thought 'what if I don't?'

·
Banned
4,666 Posts
My main fear was that I wouldn't love him. Everyone says 'oh, as soon as you see the baby you'll fall in love with it', but I thought 'what if I don't?'
Did you, that instantly? Or did it take time?

·
Pastry Case
1,065 Posts
Did you, that instantly? Or did it take time?
I think once I'd felt him move(about 5mths?), he felt like a real person not just an 'it' and from then on I loved him(I'm crying!). Another thing that 'upped' my feelings for him was when I heard his heartbeat through a stethoscope placed on my tummy ..... it was so loud and strong. Amazing!

·
Looking for an argument
2,347 Posts
Its not like it is in the movies, childbirth is a messy painful business but it is the creation of a human life, its not meant to be easy.

·
Looking for an argument
2,347 Posts
I think once I'd felt him move(about 5mths?), he felt like a real person not just an 'it' and from then on I loved him(I'm crying!). Another thing that 'upped' my feelings for him was when I heard his heartbeat through a stethoscope placed on my tummy ..... it was so loud and strong. Amazing!
I was quite moved by your post.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts