Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
share your fears......that way we dont have to hold it inside of us and fight this on our own.

mine is a fear of going crazy....like literally....that i am not normal or i will lose touch with reality at some point. such as schizo or bipolar.....im sorry to scare anyone with this if i do...but that is my fear that brigns me ALOT ALOT ALOT of anxiety in my everyday life...and i mean ALOT...i guess it also has to do with the fact that i am horribly worried that other people will think i am crazy or have some sort of severe mental illness cuz of the way they see me as horribly shy and they believe i am a mute and anti social! believe me i have stood out as the quiet 'weird' one several times before...they dont knwo i have SA...they probably dont know what that is....BUT THEY ARE CATCHING ON THAT SOMETHING IS WRONG WITH ME...believe me....to find out why i dont talk......and why i act so paranoid.....they even ask me 'why are you so paranoid'...and they tell their friends 'she doesnt talk'.....it is starting to frustrate several ppl now....and i think that is why i have this fear.....

i come from a normal fairly successful loving family...and i am a good girl/person...i am fairly healthy, go to school, work hard, stay out of trouble etc.... this usually happens when i am experiencing high anxiety....is this normal?....

does anyone else have this fear?? or experienced this situation?

·
Super Beaver
8,033 Posts
I have had a fear of being/going crazy most of my life. I was certain I'd end up being schizo and monitored everything I did for any warning signs. Though lucky me it turns out I am crazy :lol Well I guess borderline isn't completely crazy just makes me act like I am :)

·
Registered
80 Posts
I'm not afraid of going crazy, but I do feel it's a possibility. Heck, I'd almost welcome it - at least I'd have an excuse to give up on life and check into a mental institution. I know that's a sick attitude. They say if you think you're crazy, you're probably not. I do have a fear everyone will discover I'm a fraud and not nearly as smart as they think. I also have a fear of flying and goes without saying most social interaction :). I'm both afraid of and welcoming of death.

·
Allons-y!
2,011 Posts
I was always afraid of going schizophrenic as well. It's horrible because you don't realize it's happening to you.

·
Registered
2,814 Posts
Oh yes, I have that thought cross my mind every once in a while. Like one day I will just lose it, or get to the point where I'll never get over this disorder and end up in a psych ward. I still obessively check different disorders out to see if I have any symptoms of them. It's kind of a good thing and a bad thing. It's good because I'm learning about all these mental disorders, and it's interesting. It's bad because it might make me crazier than I am already.

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
I always used to be afraid of going crazy and it turned out i was already crazy and just didnt realize it. To this day im very aware of my surroundings, im always wondering if what im hearing is really there or not. Im afraid ill lose it again and have another psychotic breakdown.

... Not to scare anyone but from my experiences theres a very fine line between reality and insanity... its a lot different from what you see on tv, or at least they only show the most extreme examples on tv.

·
Registered
8 Posts
hello! well i am crazy!!! :lol i have all the symptoms of mild schizophrenia!!!!! YEAH!!!!!!!!! :lol NO NO NO im not pleased it may look like it but im not...im scared..incase it gets worse... :fall

·
Registered
80 Posts
I've always suspected those that are considered truly crazy, hearing voices etc. may not be crazy at all. Perhaps they are the ones who truly see what is out there. Maybe they are just hyper aware instead. You know what they say - just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they are not after you.

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
I'm the same way, always fear "losing it." Anxiety does make you abit crazy. I've also worried about it manifesting other disorders as well, since its a common case..i guess paranoid is my worst, deep down i know i'm fine, but i just get really uptight around others thinking they might be talking about me, staring at me, that's my worst, and i am getting over it a little bit at a time.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I've always been interested in what "wires" get crossed when people actually go "crazy". it's definitely crossed my mind that one day i could just wake up & be like that. i feel like i'm walking right on the edge sometimes.
My other fears are (of course) people, being alone the rest of my life, & the fear that maybe i'm too fragile for this world...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Oh Yes!!! I really know how that feels. The thought of me goin crazy and having a sudden psychotic break pops in my mind from time to time especially when I am under alot of stress and pressure I tend to think that i'm gonna loose it. What makes it worse is that I have had experiences with panic attacks where I experienced dissassociation and feelings of unreality. And I was almost certain that I was having an onset of some psychosis. Combine that with obsessive compulsive thinking, mild depression, social anxiety and GAD theres no wonder why i would fear if i'm gradually loosing my mind. But I learned to see my way around this worry. I used to worry and fear every single moment of my life that I was going to all of a sudden have a psychotic episode. I don't think about it like that as much because i know if I do get sick mentally there will always be someone around more healthier than me that would be able to take care of me and give me the appropriate help that I need to get me back to normal if thats possible. That's what mental hospitals are for they are to help people recover and to take care of them. So even if say you do loose total touch with reality or loose your mental health atleast you are still alive and atleast someone someway somehow will be there to take care of you. Don't be afraid of going "crazy". Going crazy, loosing your mind, having a nervous breakdown are all laymens terms used to describe someone who becomes suddenly mentally ill and the movies and our culture tends to make it seems like something to dread. Most mental illness can be treated. And one good thing for people who have become permantly mentally ill, atleast they don't have to worry, be depressed, be stressed out, frustrated, anxious or anything like that because remember their mind is completely dead to reality. So either way you look at it it can really be all that bad. That's my wrap on it. But anywayz this worry is unrealistic and irrational. Just do your best to take care of your self, leave the rest to God and keep your focus on him and you'll be in the perfect peace that surpasses all understanding.

·
Registered
321 Posts
sparklies said:
I'm afraid that I am wasting my life, and then I'll look back when I'm 60 and wonder why I wasted my youth.
Me too. :(

·
Registered
7 Posts
i have that fear that i'm going to go crazy. like in movies...i can picture that being me (i watched streetcar named desire last year and i can so see myself as blanche in 25 years) and its really scary. i'm also scared of people (haha) and loneliness and rejection and wasting my life when i know i could do a lot with it. i also have intense fears about things like someone jumping out from the backseat of my car at night. and bugs and stds.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I've also had the fear of losing it. My panic attacks and anxiety start with the feeling of dissassociation and unreality. That makes me feel like I'm losing it. Plus, I've had anxiety/panic attacks symptoms so bad that I like blanked out. Last week, I was out with my family and was in the car. My Mom and step-sister were like, "Man, that was close!" and I was like, "What was?" They asked, "You didn't see that?" and I said "No." Apperently a car had pulled out in front of us, but I had no recollection of that 10 min. or so at all. If I was looking out the window, I didn't see anything, I was blank. That was extremely scary.
I feel like I'm going crazy sometimes. Like someone will say something to me, to remind them of something and then come back to me later saying "You didn't remind me." I'll have no clue what they're talking about; it's as if they never said anything to remind them of in the first place to me.

Anyway here are my fears:

being alone in life
looking stupid in public
ghosts (makes me have anxiety at night)
dying
going crazy
wasting my life (looking back when I'm old, wanting to do so much that I'm too old to do, and wondering why I didn't do it when I could have)
being around strangers
conversation (cause my mind goes completely blank and I have no clue what to say, so I end up standing there like an idiot saying nothing in response to someone)
ambulances at night
thunderstorms
dark places
perlonged exposure to unfamiliar enviornments (although I can go into the store and shop for hrs.)

·
Registered
311 Posts
yes having a mother that has mental illness, its been one of my main concerns in life - what if i inherit it?

My friends and family have always called me the crazy one in an affectionate kind of way. I think they really think i am - I really think i am more or less most of the time.

:fall

·
Registered
706 Posts
My fear? Dying. I don't want to die before I've actually lived. I'm optimistic about beating SA but the thought of dying before I can scares the holy hell out of me.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts