Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Banned
768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have two older sisters who are very outgoing happy people. It fustrates me, I feel I should be as outgoing as they are. I find myself comparing my success/failures to them, and I always feel down about it.

·
Registered
18,888 Posts
Older, no. Younger, yes (three years). My sister is the polar opposite of me: A complete, utter, social butterfly.

She doesn't really make me feel down.. I sometimes wish I could fit in with other people as easily as she does, but that's about it.

Although.... she doesn't have a boyfriend and hasn't dated much at all. I think if she DID have a romantic life and I was exposed to that, it would put me down a few notches.

·
Banned
177,223 Posts
Both my younger brothers can talk to anyone, I've always wished I could. I wish i knew how the hell they do it, makes me wonder what the hell is wrong with me sometimes lol.

·
Lost
342 Posts
Yes!

I have three older sisters and two older brothers and they are all non shy. A couple of my sisters are very outgoing. It sux cause I have to compare myself to them and they are all very successful and have traveled etc. and i just continue to fall well short. One of my sisters is constantly always on about me about getting out more and stop living at home and that.

·
speechless
1,710 Posts
Sure my older bro is the funny life of the party lots of friends

·
Registered
29 Posts
my one sibling and 4 step siblings(and pretty much everyone else in my family) are all very outgoing outspoken people. im...well, not.

·
non
609 Posts
Yeah, you know my sister really doesn't give a **** what anyone thinks of her. It's crazy to me. Sometimes I can feel and see people hating her and it's like she's oblivious to it.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I had the Jan Brady syndrome. "Marcia,Marcia,Marcia!" When we were in school, my sister was outgoing, popular and had a lot of friends while I was in the background. It was so hard for me to make friends and she did it with no effort at all. Sometimes I didn't want her to come around my friends or a guy I was dating because she would steal all the attention.

·
Registered
139 Posts
I have 5 brothers and 2 sisters. All of which are extremely outgoing. I'm the youngest.

My brother who lives with me now just moved here 6 months ago and he's already made loads of friends. I've lived here almost 4 years and haven't made one. That's not an exaggeration. It irritates me so much. The rest of my brothers are the same way, but I don't have to deal with them one-upping me every day.

my two older sisters are twins. Blond haired, blue eyed, skinny twins. Needless to say they've never had any problems making friends.

Kinda makes you feel like something really is wrong with you. "Why can they do it and I can't?"

·
Done with SA
1,818 Posts
My two older sisters are extremely outgoing.
One I've never really been around, but from talking to her, I know she's pretty outgoing.
My other sister keeps trying to get me to visit her and go places like clubs, bars, and wherever else that comes to mind (she wants me to come down this year for my birthday so she can take me out. My answer was a huge no). She hates that I don't go anywhere. She says constantly that she was waiting for me to turn 21 so she'd be able to take me places and such. Unfortunately, that never happened. Or maybe, fortunately.
I can get pretty wild. :b

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
My two older sisters are very vocal. One of them talks so loudly sometimes it hurts my ears. It makes me wonder why the heck I am the way I am.

·
Existence is purpose
643 Posts
Yes, I have an older brother and sister, my brother is very outgoing and has always has had lots of friends.My sister used to be a tiny bit shy when were kids but nowhere near as bad as me, now she is very outgoing.

·
Born Of Blotmonað
19,072 Posts
Both my bros are far more outgoing/extroverted than me but it's part a matter of circumstance. Both have been going to bars/clubs since they have been of age & both have spent a lot of time working in them as well. Those are places where the main focus is conversation so naturally most people in them for long periods develop these sorts of traits.

It does frustrate me at times because I feel lesser than them when their personalities are really on display or if I can tell they are getting bored with my quiet nature

·
Haters to the left.
2,699 Posts
Yeah, my oldest brother is VERY outgoing/talkative. He can make friends with just about anyone, even random strangers. I wish I was like that! My next oldest brother (the comedian of the family) is even more talkative than the oldest, but he gets a little shy at times. My younger brother is shy and even more quiet than I am in social situations, but he doesn't have SA like I do.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts