Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey,
I have a 1985 Amiga, and I love it to death. It is soo timeless, and I use it way more than my Playstation, because it kicks butt! My favourite games are Defenders of the Crown, Arkanoid, Robocod (my fave game of all time!) Deja Vu, Lords of the Rising Sun and The Rocketeer. I wish I could get my hands on some more games!
Oh yeah, and I also have a newer Amiga (but it's broken) and I used to play Monkey Island 2: LeChuck's Revenge like a FIEND!!
Does anyone else have fond memories of their old Amiga? Those games were soo hardcore. Every time I wanted to get to the end of Robocod, I would have to leave the computer on and put a big sign on the screen that said DO NOT TOUCH so that my sisters wouldn't turn it off and I wouldn't lose my game. You couldn't save!!! Kids these days are so spoiled with their memory cards and checkpoints!! lol :lol

·
Registered
53 Posts
I never had an Amiga, but I had an old Commodore 64. That system was freakin awesome. I grew up on video games from that system (I'm currently 24) I remember everyone I knew played outside constantly, but you could hardly get me out of the door. All I did was play video games. My brother (he was 10 years older than I was) would bet his friends money that I could beat them in certain 2 player games. I always won... :lol

A few of my favorite games were Forbidden Forest (Still the scariest game ever), Paradroid, and Mail Order Monsters.

Oh, and I remember playing Monkey Island 1 and 2 quite a bit (though I played the PC versions). They were awesome!

·
Banned
11,364 Posts
I liked my Atari 800 computer the best, a far better DOS than that found on the Commodore 64, which I also own....I had been planning on upgrading to an Amiga or Atari ST, but went straight to a 386 instead....
I fondly remember the games on my Atari, had/have about 700 of them.
Zaxxon, Choplifter, Fort Apocalypse, Defender, Star Raiders, Shamus, etc.Nice, basic games with pure action.Now eveything has programmable buttons, 100 page game manuals, adustments for the sound and video etc.I miss the simplicity of 1983.... :lol Raid on Bungling Bay was fun for the Commodore 64 though, and really nice graphics....I think I still have my computers, and all those games in a closet....

·
Registered
194 Posts
I had an Atari. I think it was Atari ST, but I can't remember now. It wasn't as popular as Commodore 64, but I had a blast with it. A couple of other kids from the neighbourhood would come over to my place and we'd play video games all afternoon, competing with each other. I remember games like Mouse Trap, Beyond the Ice Palace, Lotus, Chess, something with a bug jumping around and lots of others.

·
Poorly Educated
4,912 Posts
I had an Atari 2600 when I was younger and I had hours of fun with it. I had a pretty decent collection of games I had aquired over the years from my friends. Once they bought a new Nintendo system I was able to buy their old Atari games pretty cheap. I think I had at least 40 different games, but as I got older and the Nintendo system gained popularity I followed the trend and got a NES system. I needed money to pay for it, so I ended up selling my entire Atari system with all the games for like $50. I'm still kicking myself today for doing that, I wish I had that old system yet. I still have my old NES and I buy used games from ebay once in awhile.

·
Après moi, le déluge
5,682 Posts
We (my family) used to have a Commodore 64. We had a few games, but my favorite was Tower Toppler. I could play that thing for hours.

Have a nice day,
Kelly :)

·
Registered
408 Posts
I had a Commodore 64 in my youth. My brother had a Vic 24 with a tape drive b4 that!

I have emulators for C64, Atari 2600, NES, SuperNES, and the basic arcade cabinet on my computer....it's fun to relive the olden days!

·
Potato
1,002 Posts
I also had a C64. It's weird how everytime I hear people's fav games, I've never heard of them.. Must have been A LOT of games for that thing.

Anyone ever play Below the Root? That game ROCKED! Me and my brother got an emulator and a walk through cheat and finally won the game lol

1 - 9 of 9 Posts