Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't believe I'm done with college. The last 4 years flew by. I'm both looking forward to graduating as well as dreading it.

This is just the SA talking, but I don't want to walk except I know that if I don't, I'll disappoint my parents. There's just something about walking on the stage in front of all those people that makes me terrified. Also, I hate that I won't be hugging or laughing or crying with my friends or anything, seeing as how I didn't manage to make a single friend, just lots of acquaintances, but that's definitely not the same thing, you know? I'll be the girl in the corner fake smiling the entire time. :(

I don't know, but something about this just makes me feel really lonely. More so than I usually do.

·
Gimme Sympathy
126 Posts
I'm graduating too, end of April. i really don't want to go to the ceremony but know my mom and family want to see it. I don't think I'll know anyone at my ceremony considering I've made a total of 0 friends in my graduating class, so that'll be horribly depressing.

·
Registered
14 Posts
The thought of participating in the commencement ceremony makes my stomach turn. I feel so nervous. I am afraid that I am going to trip up or fall on my face. I am such a klutz. I don't have any friends, but I am not walking because of friends. I am walking because my deceased mother told me that she wanted me to walk (even if she is not there to see me), and I am doing it because I think I deserve it. I have been through alot, and this is the first time I have ever completed a major goal in life.

·
Registered
2,970 Posts
I'm also graduating at the end of May/early June. I have no idea if we'll even have a graduation ceremony or something... if we do I'll try not to go. :no

·
Banned
877 Posts
I have a graduation for my electives class sometime this month.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts