Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Viva La Raza!
34,841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ive been living in vegas since 2003 and we start to go into the triple digits weather in may with the mornings being mid to high 90s. its june now and no triple digits yet. the mornings have been coasting in the 70s and 80s. our winter weather usually lasts until the ending of feb beginning of march. this year it lasted until april. oh yea i can get to love global warming :yes

·
Viva La Raza!
34,841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
high 80s in may would be nice. last year the highest we got was 104 :( way off from what the 'average' on that link shows

·
Registered
14,599 Posts
Yeah averages are just that; averages....of the 10 years that I was there, we were off the average many times. Summers last a bit too long in Vegas if you ask me.

·
Registered
10,503 Posts
Also, no global warming where I live. We have been 15 degrees below normal. We had frost again Saturday night. I also heard some sleet hit the windows for a few minutes last evening. I don't think it is going to be very warm here this summer. I think those Hudson Bay lows will keep setting up bringing the colder air from Canada down.

·
Registered
10,503 Posts
I just looked at the forecast for me and it is going to get to 71 for one day this week. Then back down in the 40's and 50's. Our average high is suppose to be around 70 now.

This Afternoon: Cloudy, then gradually becoming mostly sunny, with a high near 49. North northwest wind around 11 mph.

Tonight: Partly cloudy, with a low around 37. West northwest wind around 5 mph becoming calm.

Tuesday: A slight chance of showers, with thunderstorms also possible after 2pm. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 58. South southwest wind 7 to 14 mph becoming west northwest. Winds could gust as high as 22 mph. Chance of precipitation is 20%.

Tuesday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 37. North northwest wind between 3 and 5 mph.

Wednesday: Sunny, with a high near 55. Northwest wind between 5 and 13 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph.

Wednesday Night: Mostly clear, with a low around 42.

Thursday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 71.

Thursday Night: A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 43.

Friday: A slight chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 53.

Friday Night: Mostly cloudy, with a low around 40.

Saturday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 56.

Saturday Night: Mostly cloudy, with a low around 42.

Sunday: A slight chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 60.

·
Viva La Raza!
34,841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
^ thats nuts. our winter weather is around 40-50 and its way too cold for me. i dont think i would like to live in colder states. im glad i dont live in canada cause theres no such thing as a warm state there (or province or whatever they are called) ....i think

·
Registered
10,503 Posts
^ thats nuts. our winter weather is around 40-50 and its way too cold for me. i dont think i would like to live in colder states. im glad i dont live in canada cause theres no such thing as a warm state there (or province or whatever they are called) ....i think
You would survive. Your blood would thicken up. Start munching on all that high calorie foods they eat up here and you will be fine. :lol My supervisor is from the hot part of Iran and he has lived up her for 24 years. Also, we have a gal from Mexico City that never seen snow in her life. She married someone that lived in Southern California that had relatives up here and they died and left them their place to him. So he and her moved up here. She drives over 30 miles to work each day in a blinding snow squall.

Here is what you will have to deal with in the winter. Yes this is a paved state highway. This was taken just north of where my parents live during a prolonged lake effect snow event. I think the record was 30 days straight of snow here.

·
Registered
6,162 Posts
Not warm enough for me here. I live a short walk from the Atlantic Ocean, which is just above 60 degrees here. The ocean itself is warming up pretty fast, but it didn't even hit 70 here today. Last year the high was 86, and few days later it was in the 100's. This Thursday and Friday aren't supposed to get above the mid 60's. The climate here can be pretty variable, especially by the ocean. Luckily, our deck has a microclimate that makes it a few degrees warmer due to apartments absorbing some of the wind. The wind is annoying, though. I hate it when people talk about the "sea breeze". "Oh, I would love to live by the ocean. You have that sea breeze". Go kill yourself. I hate the breeze. It slows me down on my bike, for one, knocks things over, and makes it feel cooler when it's already cool. Plus, I like to collect exotic plants and they often like heat. No fun. I like being hot. I didn't wait all winter and spring to be cooled off by anything. I guess the only good thing about living right by the ocean is that the last frost advisories are a lot sooner. The ocean keeps the temperatures here above freezing pretty good once we're into spring.

·
Registered
10,503 Posts
Not warm enough for me here. I live a short walk from the Atlantic Ocean, which is just above 60 degrees here. The ocean itself is warming up pretty fast, but it didn't even hit 70 here today. Last year the high was 86, and few days later it was in the 100's. This Thursday and Friday aren't supposed to get above the mid 60's. The climate here can be pretty variable, especially by the ocean. Luckily, our deck has a microclimate that makes it a few degrees warmer. The wind is annoying, though. I hate it when people talk about the "sea breeze". I hate the breeze. It slows me down on my bike, for one, knocks things over, and makes it feel cooler when it's already cool. No fun. I like being hot.
We get lake breezes here they can come out of the West, NW, N, NE, and East. We usually get them in spring into early summer. The big lake is real cold this year due to almost completely freezing over in the winter. I think the water temps are still in the 30's here. I will have to take a look to see what they are now, but it isn't warm. Only the brave swims in that water. I seen kids swimming and seen their lips were blue. :lol

·
Registered
6,162 Posts
So, does that mean you would go swimming here? I bet you could do it. 63 degrees? Your blood is thick enough. It cracks me up when people come here for the weekend walk around in bathing suits when it's barely 70 degrees, like it's Florida or something. A bunch of fakers. Anything to get that tan, I guess.

·
Registered
10,503 Posts
So, does that mean you would go swimming here? I bet you could do it. 63 degrees? Your blood is thick enough. It cracks me up when people come here for the weekend walk around in bathing suits when it's barely 70 degrees, like it's Florida or something. A bunch of fakers. Anything to get that tan, I guess.
I probably wouldn't swim anyways. Middle agers are to be heard and not to be seen. :lol
I just checked the big lakes temp and it still is very cold.

http://www.coastwatch.msu.edu/superior/s2.html

·
Banned
4,462 Posts
global warming is when the globe warms on average, not everywhere on the globe. In some places it could actually get colder due to disruptions in weather patterns, and other places will get really hot.

·
Registered
928 Posts
I love the heat! Back in Feb (end of our summer) we had a full week of above 45 - 49 (celcius) thats about 118+ in your terms? (that was a guess) I know it got to 120 in your measurements, coz I checked back then. It was record breaking here. Ive stood hot temps before, (I lived in a desert) but that week was hell.
Thats when 200+ people died in a wildfire.

I dont actually believe in global warming, I think its a natural cycle of the earth in the solar system.

·
Worst poster, hands down
303 Posts
I love the heat! Back in Feb (end of our summer) we had a full week of above 45 - 49 (celcius) thats about 118+ in your terms? (that was a guess) I know it got to 120 in your measurements, coz I checked back then. It was record breaking here. Ive stood hot temps before, (I lived in a desert) but that week was hell.
Thats when 200+ people died in a wildfire.

I dont actually believe in global warming, I think its a natural cycle of the earth in the solar system.
A natural cycle, yes, but the globe is still getting warmer, so it's global warming. I agree with you though, all the brouhaha is getting a bit amusing.

·
Registered
14,599 Posts
global warming is when the globe warms on average, not everywhere on the globe. In some places it could actually get colder due to disruptions in weather patterns, and other places will get really hot.
Agreed. People seem to think that global warming means it will get extremely hot everywhere. I fail to see how anyone can think that humans pumping pollutants in the atmosphere over decades and changing the earth is a hard theory to buy.

·
Banned
38,431 Posts
It's June 2 and currently 46 degrees in Milwaukee. Not exactly what'd I'd call summer weather. I only had to use the AC one day so far this year and that was only for several minutes.

·
Registered
10,503 Posts
Well the sun continues lacking sunspots. It is suppose to be into the next cycle, but fails to start. Also, the solar wind has weaken quite a bit. They are thinking that the sun maybe going into a Maunder Minimum. The last time that happen was in the 1700's. That brought very cold weather to this country.

http://www.iceagenow.com/

·
Après moi, le déluge
5,682 Posts
We've had beautiful summer weather since the beginning of April - sunny and in the 70s and 80s. It's 77 and sunny here right now.

I'm not complaining. I've heard it gets awful here in the actual summer.

Have a nice day,
Kelly :)

1 - 20 of 53 Posts