Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been dreading going off my Paxil for weeks, because of the horrible "brain zaps" that people talk about. However, after experiencing them for the past week I've found that for me they are actually kind of enjoyable. It feels like the sensation of going down an elevator really fast and is kind of exciting. Strange, but I guess it's a benefit that I don't perceive them as a bad thing. Anyone else had a similar experience with them?

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Paxil actually worked really well for me. I felt much more confident handling social situations, and much more at ease around people. I've gotten to the point now where I think I've developed the coping skills needed to function socially. That's why I'm trying to do it on my own now, off Paxil.

·
Banned
4,394 Posts
i've quit many SSRI's over the period of several tears, and never experienced a so call "brain-zap." the name alone sounds pretty strange to me.

·
Permanently ******
1,723 Posts
Hah! I thought I was the only one. It was only after someone else described them that I gave them enough attention to name them. Anti-pharmaceutical groups and people described them as some sort of nightmarish horror in their propaganda, but they are pleasant in their own way.

·
Permanently ******
1,723 Posts
Paxil actually worked really well for me. I felt much more confident handling social situations, and much more at ease around people. I've gotten to the point now where I think I've developed the coping skills needed to function socially. That's why I'm trying to do it on my own now, off Paxil.
Good luck. After three years of Zoloft I felt confident enough to make the same decision. Fast-forward three years and I'm on Zoloft.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts