Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In other words, is anyone else content with their SA for the time being? I really can't imagine life without SA anymore. I really have no interest in getting into relationships, making more friends, or going to social gatherings. Anyone else feel this way or am I just the only one?

·
Registered
165 Posts
I'd like a relationship but I don't care about not having friends anymore. Social gatherings don't interest me at all. So you're not completely alone. However, I would like to know if these thoughts are just my twisted mind trying to make me believe all is well when clearly it isn't

·
Registered
171 Posts
I sorta am. Well, I'll be just fine alone for most of the week, but theres usually one day like a weekend that I really start wishing things were different. I've had both types of life though, and the fact I'm not pushing harder to get back out there at the moment - I guess it wasnt that great after all.

·
SAS's Chief Meteorologist
7,539 Posts
How can you be content with anxiety? Those are two diametrically opposed emotions. If you were content, you wouldn't be anxious. :)

·
Banned
95 Posts
Well im constantly daydreaming about me being a social outgoing millionairre so id have to say that the daydreaming is helping me somewhat. It might also be because im a Pisces haha

·
Registered
442 Posts
good question , i like to imagine this from time to time. I think how lucky and oblivious people who do not suffer from it are. How easy life must be without SA . i can generate a normal 'me' in my mind if i try. its a nice image.

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
How can you be content with anxiety? Those are two diametrically opposed emotions. If you were content, you wouldn't be anxious. :)
But then often people with anxiety have a comfort zone where they don't feel anxiety, and they can become content in it, and its only out of this zone anxiety comes in, for example your not going to have much SA sitting on your own watching TV or on the computer, its only when other people are involved that it becomes stressful and anxiety kicks in, or someone with agoraphobia is only anxious when they have to go out in public etc.

I would say the contentment with SA is that you can have SAD but not have depression, there are plenty of socially anxious/avoidant reclusive types that just get on with their day without thinking about self harm, or pining for a better life. I would say that I have my ups and downs, at the moment I am fairly comfortable but only because I am unemployed and don't have any stresser's atm so don't have much that causes anxiety, but I'm sure it will change when I get a job, and has done in the past to where im feeling depressed, stressed and like I just can't function well in the workplace and i'm actually hoping to be laid off or fired, usually starts getting bad around the 6mths-1 year mark where I feel people start thinking wtf is up with this guy!? lets get someone else

1 - 10 of 10 Posts