Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,
I'm going through some CBT therapy right now and it is really helping, but I feel like I need to take Xanax sometimes to make things a bit easier, actually alot easier. Has anyone ever gone through this? The problem is that I don't want to get tolerant to it and all the negative side effects I keep hearing about, so as soon as my CBT is really kicking in I want to kick the Xanax.

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
Seems a bit pointless, as benzos impair memory and prevent learning (to a varying degree, depending on dose). I suppose if you needed a low dose to "expose" yourself then it's better than doing nothing at all, but anything above 1mg and there would be very little point.

Also, if you're using them daily, CBT would be a waste of time and would probably all disappear when withdrawal starts.

·
Banned
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, I don't like to take too much, just about .5 xr (extended release). And this may be strange but xanax helps me learn and focus more and be less absent-minded. You really think everything I learn through CBT would be a complete waste?

·
Banned
1,376 Posts
I could not have done CBT without benzos and I suspect many others couldnt either, getting the benzo dose right is something of an art form and takes experimenting

also watch for benzo tablets spoiled by heat, or time expired or fakes, especially if bought on the net

1 - 5 of 5 Posts