Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone?

I believe it is known as Savella in USA. Also known as Ixel in other parts of the world.

How about insurance? Were you able to get the cost of the med covered even though it is not authorized for depression/anxiety in the USA (only fybromyalgia I believe).

For anyone who has tried the med anywhere... I'd like to hear how your experiences with it were. Thanks mucho.

I need a new med to replace lexapro 30 mg. Just lost my second job (a damn good one) thanks to the 20 hour sleep sessions it gives me.

·
Registered
2,403 Posts
I'm from Europe and have tried it years ago, it increased my heart rate to about 140 beats / minute so I stopped it.

·
Yes
1,760 Posts
I'm from Europe and have tried it years ago, it increased my heart rate to about 140 beats / minute so I stopped it.
Damn, what's your baseline?

I'm up around 100bpm when I'm calm (normal blood pressure though, 120 / 80.) A further boost in heart rate would probably be a very bad thing for me.

·
Registered
2,403 Posts
Damn, what's your baseline?

I'm up around 100bpm when I'm calm (normal blood pressure though, 120 / 80.) A further boost in heart rate would probably be a very bad thing for me.
Normally my heart rate is about 60-70 bpm (when calm). Blood pressure ~ 135 / 75.

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well apparently this med is in need of significantly more testing by members of the site to get a feel for its 'quirks'.

·
Registered
218 Posts
For me it was not really effective. Some times I felt great, could talk to people, other times I just couldn't sit still and magnified anxieties. I had the heart racing thing as well like Medline, although slower titration would help reduce it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts