Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Introvert
232 Posts
Simcity classic :) , sim city 4 is a a great game to pick up alternatively u can go with the latest simscity whichis okish , it fall short on their promises ( Never trust EA , they lie often) and predecessor. From my own experience in sim 5 , there isnt much player to player interaction , somewhat buggy , lacks city space etc etc.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
I only played the original while I was a kid. My brother was the one that was into those games, he got all the later ones - except for the latest one I think, because he doesn't have a PC now I think. Yeah, I agree that SimCity 4 is probably your best bet for a good experience. But don't play SimCity 3 or the latest one. I think SimCity 2000 is still pretty good and of course the original classic.

·
Registered
2,640 Posts
Playing simcity 3000 on and off at the moment. Played all before that and tried 4 a little bit and it's best one for me. Not too simple, not too hard and awesome soundtrack.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
I haven't, but I've always wanted to play it though.

·
Wilco Tango Foxtrot!
3,969 Posts
The first simcity game I played was the SNES version, followed by simcity 2000 (it became an obsession!), simcity classic and simcity 3000. I played the fourth one, but didn't really enjoy it as much as the earlier ones. Haven't played the most recent one, although I've heard mixed opinions on it.

·
SAS Member
2,118 Posts
I play SC4 Deluxe. I'm not interested in buying Sim Village A.K.A SC5 because the city sizes are stupidly small.

I'm tempted to buy Cities XL Platinum on Steam as an alternative to the Sim City franchise but from what I hear it gets very laggy when the cities start growing. The screenshots appeal to me though.

·
Despite all my rage..
2,757 Posts
I played the old SNES SimCity and loved it and I liked Sim City 2000 too. I've actually been strangely feeling the urge to play it again.

I know Sim City 4 (which I'm seeing is the most highly recommend one here) is a pretty old game. Does anyone know if it'll run on Windows 7 x64 or would I have to use a virutal machine or find my old *** Windows 98 PC? lol

1 - 9 of 9 Posts