Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
2,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I mean, even if you're not the person involved. Say, two guys near you start threatening, or fighting each other.

It happens to me all the time. I don't know why. Any time I feel there may be physical violence around me, I'm having an attack.

·
Banned
3,285 Posts
I don't get anxiety, I actually get an adrenaline rush and into defense mode when someone is fighting near me, just in case they come close to throwing a punch on me or attacking me, you never know.

·
Banned
1,694 Posts
Nah, quite the opposite. I think I'm in the "stage" of my life where I think I'm invincible. I have yet to meet someone I think could legitimately whoop my *** or something Haha

Oh, and I'm starting to really enjoy confrontation

·
Registered
4,601 Posts
I believe those are "cued" attacks, even if you aren't directly involved.
Yeah, the amygdala remembers our past traumas and frustrations and picks up on the slightest, vaguest things and kicks off the reaction even before we realize it has. A raised voice, a threatening stare, the position of a person's body at the time the threat came from them, the colour of their clothes they were wearing during the time of the trauma. All this becomes a crude blue print in the amygdala designed for quick and easy survival reactions. Only after can we use our higher cortex to control the reaction, increasing it or decreasing it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts