Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
648 Posts
i take alot longer counting when im uneasy, always spend ages typing cuz i keep deleting and redoing it. you said when it involves intructing or informing, could be cuz yu want to make sure you get it or do it right. i do that too, but i just dont want people to think anything of me ifi do something wrong... they're only a cut above someone with sad because we ar spending more time thinking and less talking, imo

·
She-Wolf
5,985 Posts
yes, i've had trouble with auditory processing my whole life - though it more has to do with deciphering language, rather than my actual hearing.
i also have problems with: sustaining attention, concentrating on a task, absorbing all information enough to analyze it properly, organizing and expressing my thoughts in a clear or eloquent manner, working memory, etc etc.

sluggish cognitive tempo - apart of the inattentive subtype of ADHD - basically describes that pretty well:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sluggish_cognitive_tempo
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ADHD_predominantly_inattentive

i'd look into both of those and make an appointment with a doctor. for me these problems have held me back immensely in school and have certainly affected my social anxiety or just introversion.
i started adderall the past few weeks and though its a low dose it has helped quite a bit. i can't even describe how great it is to be able to get a specific task out - studying, an assigment - and actually be very productive and finishing a large chunk of it in one sitting. it was immensely difficult before. exams and tests were always tough - all througout high school i would never ONCE finish all of an exam in time. it was so difficult to focus, and it was incredibly frustrating because i didn't exactly have much control over it, despite saying "just concentrate!!!". it is embarrassing seeing everyone else finish way before the two hour mark and still struggling to get my thoughts organized for any detailed sections.

at my current school they let me have a bit of extra time. i still find it embarrassing that everyone else there finishes before the two hours and it takes me 30-60 minutes longer. i honestly have no idea how they do it. even when i have all the answers it takes a while to get it down and constantly sustain my concentration.

for the exams from the past two days, evne though i took adderall i still needed extra time - in fact they only let me have 30 minutes extra and for each i still left at least one question blank. :/ but the adderall definitely helped with studying and memorizing, and having my thoughts flow a bit easier.

·
stillborn
1,764 Posts
Exams and tests were always tough - all througout high school i would never ONCE finish all of an exam in time. it was so difficult to focus, and it was incredibly frustrating because i didn't exactly have much control over it, despite saying "just concentrate!!!
Yeah, that actually happened with me today during my last exam. I just couldn't focus. I skipped over crucial portions of the exam. I typically never do that...

·
Registered
6,380 Posts
How do I know if I need to take adderal? I was told by somebody that i needed to combine celexa with wellbutrin XL to stop me from feeling tired and lethargic. but i'm certainly not sure if that's going to improve my brain focus and assorted cognitive functions that other people seem to have a lot more of.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts