Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
immortal in the making
820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it just me here, or does the bit on our profiles that tells us who's been visiting who feel intimidating at times?
i kinda feel so weird seeing my name on people's profiles when they haven't had anyone but me, or only a few others as well as myself.
a little off putting when the anxiety is creeping up, i think.

·
immortal in the making
820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
it's never bothered me until today, but it works both ways.
i feel weird (not sure how or why) about seeing who's been on mine, too.

·
Registered
794 Posts
I like it, I find it interesting x]

·
Banned
38,431 Posts
I know it's there, but I never really keep track of who visits my profile. I can't ID most of the names on this board. There are only a limited percentage of people that I can recall around here due to them having posts that for one reason or another stand out from the crowd.

Here's my last ten visitors:

arhmt9 chris87 digitalangel eclectic melotic Fairyxo Freesix88 LoneLioness+ Medline mighty atom sparkationsgirl

I can identify 3 of the 10 only. I have no idea who the others 7 are.

·
Too School for Cool
6,857 Posts
I don't like it. I feel like if my name shows up on someone else's Visitor Page they will automatically assume I am a creeper.

It stops me from visiting other peoples' pages, and hence, getting to know more users.

·
The Phoenix
381 Posts
Well, I don't mind too much if people visit my page, just prepare to be smothered with overwhelming optimism...well, usually.

·
Registered
7,435 Posts
I don't like it. I feel like if my name shows up on someone else's Visitor Page they will automatically assume I am a creeper.

It stops me from visiting other peoples' pages, and hence, getting to know more users.
Its slightly disconcerting for me too as I really enjoy visiting profiles. I've kinda become comfortable with it over time though and come to terms with the fact that ... I am a creeper :teeth. Come over to the darkside Perfectionist :b.

·
Registered
145 Posts

This is pretty much the way I feel...I freaked when I realised my name appeared on the public profile I had just visited. It stops me from visiting PP's, too.

Maybe I'll just make it known here that I'll be visiting pages....just getting it out in the open, so there are no misunderstandings :)

·
Somewhere but not here.
1,802 Posts
I didn't even know it existed.

·
Meow Meow Meow
141 Posts
I didn't know it existed either...until now. Oh well, I've clicked on many profiles after reading certain posts and if someone thinks I'm some kind of e-stalker, I don't care. I like looking at profiles. :b

·
Banned
6,350 Posts
my rule is if you wanna see my profile, i now must see yours.

·
Registered
718 Posts
No it doesn't really bother me at all. If it did I'd just make my profile invisible.

·
Ninja
4,234 Posts
Just go invisible if it bothers you. If you are you'll see your own name on the profiles but nobody else will see it (as far as I know).

·
Registered
154,233 Posts
I actually like it. It shows that people are interested in seeing how I am doing :).

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
I'm checking all your profiles now. :p

·
Amazing
363 Posts
It's a little weird, but finding something like that strange is part of having SA (I think)

·
SAS Member
14,465 Posts
doesn't bother me.
There's nothing interesting on mine anyway.
And thanks for wasting 1 minutes of your lives looking at my profile to see if i was telling the truth. I apreciate your sacrifices.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts