Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i got counseling a couple years ago when i was going through a lot of stuff but i'm getting it now since I've been out of a mental facility. The last time i had a counseling session was about a week ago it went very good it helps me a lot.

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
When I need to talk it helps. But if I'm not in the mood for a chat its pointless... And I've never been given tools or skills to battle anxiety, except one time she told me about positive affermations , other than that its just "how are u feeling today, hmmm, why is that, and why do u think that, well what do YOU think about it...." I could have that conversation in my head if I wanted to...

·
No Stars on Thars
778 Posts
I used to go to counseling, though it was mostly for panic attacks. I stopped going because it wasn't helping me. When I ended up going back, it felt like I was just using it as buying someone to talk to, so I stopped again.

Sometimes I really do want counseling and think it can be helpful. I think you just need to find the right counselor and be open to help.

·
La loca
135 Posts
Well, I used to go very often, since I have no one to talk to about my problems, have seen psychiatrists in the past, and the last one was a relatively good psychologist but I stopped spending my money in those consults because the last times I went there I had to listen to her problems, and I'm not paying for that lol.

Now I'm just ok with what I have and what I am.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts