Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Looking for an argument
2,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Its monday evening had a bit of a stressful day at work and i went and spent the money i was supposed to spend on dinner on beer instead. I always get tempted, and i'm debating whether i should buy another ounce of weed or not. The trouble i have is being sober is so BORING!
I wish i could say i don't need drugs and alcohol but i do, my soul needs it my job and life is so boring and monotonous i need some chemical stimulation to bring me some happiness. Its not like i'm unhappy when i'm sober and straight and i don't like to get wasted everyday but when i do its so much fun, yeah i could be all healthy and straight but then i'm unhappy because i'm missing out on something that gives me a lot of pleasure. Am i wrong to think this way?

·
Chris
39 Posts
I feel the same way..I've stopped smoking weed for pretty long stretches of time, but at a certain point I just stop caring and want to feel *different* for a little bit. The few friends and acquaintances I have all smoke so it gets awkward if I just hang out with them while they're all high and I'm not, even though smoking around others makes my SA go bat**** crazy and I always regret doing it.

·
Looking for an argument
2,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The few friends and acquaintances I have all smoke so it gets awkward if I just hang out with them while they're all high and I'm not, even though smoking around others makes my SA go bat**** crazy and I always regret doing it.
Least you got some mates you smoke it with, i'm always smoking by myself. Yeah i get the same way weed magnifies my SA which would make you wonder why i would do it then, but it also maqnifies all the good stuff as well, movies and music are more engaging and vivid and the banality of day to day life becomes interesting.

·
Registered
3,671 Posts
I'm like this too. If you're sober and busy it's ok, but when you're a loner it's much harder. You're sitting around the house/flat telling yourself "yep, I'm being healthy, and this is productive and great... I'm going to be a better person." You then realise that you are bored ****less, and off you go to buy beers... the night then actually becomes pretty enjoyable.

It's ****ed, but I'm in the same trap.

·
Registered
2,285 Posts
I decided to take a break from weed for a few weeks recently and it was excruciatingly boring, days were twice as long and i got pretty depressed. Dont see myself taking any more breaks anytime soon.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts