Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
ThirdEyeGrind
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a huge Manson fan. His last album "Eat Me, Drink Me" was pretty meh. I'm pleasantly surprised by this new one titled "High End of The Low". It has some really great songs and alot of them are really diverse. Any other Manson fans here?

·
ThirdEyeGrind
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If you all want his best album get "Antichrist Superstar" or "Holy Wood", or "Mechanical Animals". I'd say Antichrist and Holy Wood are his best. But Mechanical is pretty good too. Holy Wood is definitely his most depressing, if your into that kind of music. And no, Manson isn't stoner/doom metal. Its industrial/goth rock. Well thats what I'd call it. Good to see we have some Manson fans here.

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
I have them all and don't forget "Portrait of an American Family". It's the oldest album but it's songs with an awesome raw energy. I think "Mechanical Animals" is actually the most depressing myself.

·
Registered
529 Posts
I have the three you mentioned & really like them/him.
Will have to listen to latest & maybe get.

I know that quote is a comedian with jokes like ...
"Last week I helped my friend stay put. It's a lot easier'n helpin' 'em move. I just went over to his house and made sure that he did not start to load **** into a truck."

But the one you chose always reminds me of this homemade cinnamon roll/vanilla potporri.

"I like cinnamon rolls. That's why I wish they made, like, a cinnamon roll incense. 'Cause I don't always have time to make a pan. Perhaps I'd rather light a stick, and have my roommates wake up with false hopes." (Mitch Hedberg)
by chance I recall a cd on cool ways of setting up your bachelor pad for when you have women over & I do recall a mentioned recipe that was basically a homemade liquid you heat on the stove that makes your house smell like freshly baked cinnamon rolls & vanilla. Here's how it says to do it:

Go to bulk food isle at local store. Get some cinnamon sticks, cloves & some vanilla bean. Put all these in a pan with some water & turn your stovetop on low. Let this stuff simmer away. It releases a nice subtle smell in the air that he says rarely gets unnoticed.

·
ThirdEyeGrind
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I have them all and don't forget "Portrait of an American Family". It's the oldest album but it's songs with an awesome raw energy. I think "Mechanical Animals" is actually the most depressing myself.
Ahhhh! How could I forget "Portrait of An American Family"? This is his most raw sounding album. Definitely a good album. "Cake And Sodomy"/"Lunchbox" are my favorites. And "Dopehat".

·
ThirdEyeGrind
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
When I think of Marilyn Manson, the first song that always comes to mind is Dope Show.
To me, "The Dope Show" is a pretty bad representation of what Manson's music is all about. Download some of his albums and see what you think. "Portrait of An American Family is his most raw/hard rockish (I'd say). All his other stuff is pretty polished with great riffs and good/depressing/alot of the time true (in this world) lyrics.

·
ThirdEyeGrind
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I have the three you mentioned & really like them/him.
Will have to listen to latest & maybe get.

I know that quote is a comedian with jokes like ...
"Last week I helped my friend stay put. It's a lot easier'n helpin' 'em move. I just went over to his house and made sure that he did not start to load sh** into a truck."

But the one you chose always reminds me of this homemade cinnamon roll/vanilla potporri.

by chance I recall a cd on cool ways of setting up your bachelor pad for when you have women over & I do recall a mentioned recipe that was basically a homemade liquid you heat on the stove that makes your house smell like freshly baked cinnamon rolls & vanilla. Here's how it says to do it:

Go to bulk food isle at local store. Get some cinnamon sticks, cloves & some vanilla bean. Put all these in a pan with some water & turn your stovetop on low. Let this stuff simmer away. It releases a nice subtle smell in the air that he says rarely gets unnoticed.
The comedian's name is Mitch Hedberg (R.I.P.). he's my favorite stand up comedian. He's too funny for his own good. Its a shame he died so young. If he was still alive, he'd be famous as hell by now. He knew how to make people laugh. Man's my idol.

·
Registered
5,554 Posts
Yeah, I picked up his new album today. I like it so far. Not my favorite, but still quite a few good songs on it.

·
Banned
38,431 Posts
I couldn't even identify any of his songs.

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
So what do you think of it?
I was really disappointed with the samples on Amazon. :no He just seems to mumble the lyrics these days.

·
Registered
690 Posts
I've always wanted to check him out. Is he as controversial and "bad" as everyone says he is. I'm no stranger to industrial but his reputation has always stopped me from checking him out.

·
Viva La Raza!
34,841 Posts
^ :lol yea. on one concert he put his arms out like he was hung on the cross and said "spit on me" so the crowd spat on him. i think he has done that several times.

he once was wearing a g-string or something like that and rubbed his genatilia on top of a security guard's head. he got sued over that though :|

1 - 20 of 22 Posts