Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Little Winged One
6,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought it would pass - that I was just so thrilled and relieved to find others like me! I equate it to having a really tough day and knowing your favorite candybar is waiting in your desk drawer. This site is always in the back of my mind,but I feel slightly foolish that it means so much to me. It makes me feel a little sad and creepy.

·
Registered
179 Posts
i am definetly addicted to this site....when im out i think about all the other people on this site and it makes me feel not alone [when im alone in a social situation]....when i was asked to hang out with an old friend i remembered what the people in tha chatroom said to me ....and before i said no i was saying in my head "the people from the website told me to do it so i'm going to try" this website is definetly a big part of my life

·
immortal in the making
820 Posts
gotta have my daily injection of SAS!! i'm almost thinking about getting a new mobile phone with a bigger screen and decent internet access so that i can come on here when i'm at work so that all the **** in my day can be temporarilly relieved and feel like i belong somewhere, and be surrounded by people who actually do understand and maybe even to an extent care more about me than the people i see in front of me every day.
i'm so lost without this place now. i'm surprised i havent had a dream about being on here (tho, i probably have, just cant remember). might help if i slept better. maybe when i'm TOO tired. lol.
verdict: Addict!

·
Registered
984 Posts
Even if I can manage not to use this site or the internet in general for the entire day i'll find something else: a comic book, a movie, a videogame, listen to an album or even worse down a bottle of hard alcohol to escape reality. I don't see myself as having addictions per se I just don't really want to face reality (oxymoron?)

·
Spread Your Wings
1,512 Posts
*raises hands* guilty as charge.

·
Done with SA
1,818 Posts
No.
I like this site and everything because it's nice to have somewhere I can talk about SA and be able to 'act normal', plus the people on here are pretty nice, but I'm not addicted. I am addicted to WoW, though. Just got off of there and will probably get on again in a little while, lol.

That last bit was really off topic.

·
dazed and confused
960 Posts
This site is always in the back of my mind,but I feel slightly foolish that it means so much to me. It makes me feel a little sad and creepy.
Why should you have to feel that way about a place where people with anxiety issues can feel safe and accepted? I am so grateful for sites like this. Before I found them a year and a half ago, I felt so lonely, isolated and desperate. It literally saved my life, whatever that's worth.

·
Little Winged One
6,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Why should you have to feel that way about a place where people with anxiety issues can feel safe and accepted? I am so grateful for sites like this. Before I found them a year and a half ago, I felt so lonely, isolated and desperate. It literally saved my life, whatever that's worth.
I'm really grateful I found this site too.- I guess I feel like it's sort of second best.-It reminds me that I should have these connections in real life. If these connections mean so much to me,I'd be ecstatic if I could achieve this in real life!!

·
Registered
236 Posts
I'm addicted!
I have a test to study for and a project to start on, but here I am. I can't go a day without SAS and have to check the forum multiple times a day.

Wish someone could block my IP address or something for a week or so.

·
Banned
177,222 Posts
Nope, I'm here a lot but it's mostly out of boredom. Not that it's a bad site there are a lot of nice people here I just wish I had other things to do.

·
Registered
444 Posts
I used to be...I was a regular here for like 3 years. Just came back recently from a 2 year break. With a new name. Doing much better with everything than I was back then. We'll see if I stick around this time. Kinda sad, everyone is new and I dont see any of my old friends. Hope theyre all doing well.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.