Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Little Winged One
6,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought it would pass - that I was just so thrilled and relieved to find others like me! I equate it to having a really tough day and knowing your favorite candybar is waiting in your desk drawer. This site is always in the back of my mind,but I feel slightly foolish that it means so much to me. It makes me feel a little sad and creepy.

·
Registered
179 Posts
i am definetly addicted to this site....when im out i think about all the other people on this site and it makes me feel not alone [when im alone in a social situation]....when i was asked to hang out with an old friend i remembered what the people in tha chatroom said to me ....and before i said no i was saying in my head "the people from the website told me to do it so i'm going to try" this website is definetly a big part of my life

·
Registered
3,626 Posts
It's definitely more than borderline now....

·
SAS Member
31,286 Posts
Not really the site itself, but more of a little internet addiction and this site is one of the places I visit.

·
immortal in the making
820 Posts
gotta have my daily injection of SAS!! i'm almost thinking about getting a new mobile phone with a bigger screen and decent internet access so that i can come on here when i'm at work so that all the **** in my day can be temporarilly relieved and feel like i belong somewhere, and be surrounded by people who actually do understand and maybe even to an extent care more about me than the people i see in front of me every day.
i'm so lost without this place now. i'm surprised i havent had a dream about being on here (tho, i probably have, just cant remember). might help if i slept better. maybe when i'm TOO tired. lol.
verdict: Addict!

·
Registered
984 Posts
Even if I can manage not to use this site or the internet in general for the entire day i'll find something else: a comic book, a movie, a videogame, listen to an album or even worse down a bottle of hard alcohol to escape reality. I don't see myself as having addictions per se I just don't really want to face reality (oxymoron?)

·
UnDeRrAtED
34,712 Posts
same here I have a internet addiction aside from other websites.

·
Spread Your Wings
1,512 Posts
*raises hands* guilty as charge.

·
Registered
296 Posts
I've gone months without looking at this site. But now I'm back. It really is like a little guilty pleasure...this site seems so much more interesting than whatever homework I have to do. lol.

·
Done with SA
1,818 Posts
No.
I like this site and everything because it's nice to have somewhere I can talk about SA and be able to 'act normal', plus the people on here are pretty nice, but I'm not addicted. I am addicted to WoW, though. Just got off of there and will probably get on again in a little while, lol.

That last bit was really off topic.

·
dazed and confused
960 Posts
This site is always in the back of my mind,but I feel slightly foolish that it means so much to me. It makes me feel a little sad and creepy.
Why should you have to feel that way about a place where people with anxiety issues can feel safe and accepted? I am so grateful for sites like this. Before I found them a year and a half ago, I felt so lonely, isolated and desperate. It literally saved my life, whatever that's worth.

·
MayTheForceBeWithYou
19,559 Posts
ohhh MEEeeeeeeeeeee... i am so addicted to this site, can't live with out at least visit, read, post, reply to different parts of the forum, and be apart of this wonderful community and being with you all. :)

·
Little Winged One
6,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Why should you have to feel that way about a place where people with anxiety issues can feel safe and accepted? I am so grateful for sites like this. Before I found them a year and a half ago, I felt so lonely, isolated and desperate. It literally saved my life, whatever that's worth.
I'm really grateful I found this site too.- I guess I feel like it's sort of second best.-It reminds me that I should have these connections in real life. If these connections mean so much to me,I'd be ecstatic if I could achieve this in real life!!

·
Registered
236 Posts
I'm addicted!
I have a test to study for and a project to start on, but here I am. I can't go a day without SAS and have to check the forum multiple times a day.

Wish someone could block my IP address or something for a week or so.

·
Banned
177,223 Posts
Nope, I'm here a lot but it's mostly out of boredom. Not that it's a bad site there are a lot of nice people here I just wish I had other things to do.

·
Registered
444 Posts
I used to be...I was a regular here for like 3 years. Just came back recently from a 2 year break. With a new name. Doing much better with everything than I was back then. We'll see if I stick around this time. Kinda sad, everyone is new and I dont see any of my old friends. Hope theyre all doing well.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts